Author Topic: vista theatre halloween party  (Read 9595 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: vista theatre halloween party
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2006, 11:05:11 PM »
Another blogger's account of the evening, with pictures:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=91180223&blogID=185995078

Very amusing, thanks!  The synthesist/pianist that evening and standing next to her mother (you've gotta love her mom) was Jay Asher.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2006, 02:00:05 AM »
I was there.  Dragged a friend along, who did not enjoy herself at all I'm sorry to say.  But then, she's not a fan and frankly had higher expectations than yours truly.

Was even a contestant in the lookalike contest.  Not that I look anything at all like Barnabas--I'm blonde and have a beard for one thing--but I wanted to show off my costume complete with inverness cape.  Methinks my costume looked quite good, but I was astonished to get any votes at all!  I even voted for the guy who won!

David Selby was good, but a little hammy IMO.  Just a little.  I must say Lara Parker looked more relaxed and happier than the last time I saw her, about five years ago.  She also looked noticeably older, although still quite lovely.  While I have no reason to think she has had plastic surgery, she clearly is dying her hair.  Five years ago, those beautiful locks were platinum.  At the event, they were honey-gold.  But oh that smile!  And those eyes!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »
Well, here's my take on the event.  I flew down from the San Francisco Bay Area for the event, and was VERY disappointed.  [hall2_angry] I agree with ProfStokes that there was a LOT of false advertising and hype.  The music was SUPPOSED to be what appeared in the ad to be a live event onstage with Robert Cobert conducting.  Instead, it was a videofest (which I had seen before) with only one guy who played live music.  [hall_huh] The theatre was too dark, and there was no stage being used.  I was lucky I got to sit in the second row, or I would NOT have been able to see much of what was going on.  [hall2_rolleyes]

I arrived about 10 minutes late and was standing near the end of the line - all the way around the corner - so I totally missed the ceremonies that were going on in front of the theatre.  I languished there for about 20 minutes until I decided to wander up and find some friends towards the front of the line. 

The highlight for me was David Selby's performance.  That was awesome!   [hall2_grin] Also, it was nice to meet up with some of my DS friends again.  [hall_grin]

An added bummer for me was my digital camera stopped working, so I didn't get all the pictures I wanted to get.   [hall_angry] I walked across the street to Von's and bought a disposable camera.  However, by the time I did that and got to the end of the autograph line, David Selby had already left!  He's my favorite, too!   [hall2_cry] But it was nice to meet Karen Black and to see Kathryn, Lara, and Betsy again. [hall2_wink]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2006, 09:30:49 PM »
David Selby's performance sounds like it was excellent! I'm glad so many of you were able to attend!  [hall_cool] Thanks to all for the reports!  [hall2_smiley]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2006, 06:43:38 AM »
added and updated pictures on vista website. http://community-2.webtv.net/jttvx/HOUSEOFDSIS30/ dont forget to add me to buddy list on yahoo for possible webcast of the event. jayteevideo@yahoo.com

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
in reading the bloggers from my space let's see to get spanked by Quentin or Tom Jones?
well..... >:D i love Jonsey but really ;D

jennifer
love that girl who looks like Angelique
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV