Author Topic: Alan Ball Takes Us Behind the Pointy Fangs Of "True Blood"  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Alan Ball Takes Us Behind the Pointy Fangs Of "True Blood"
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
Perhaps not at all surprisingly, Alan Ball watched DS - though it doesn't seem he was actually a fan - just a VERY strange kid. Check out: Alan Ball Takes Us Behind the Pointy Fangs Of "True Blood"

And if you need any incentive, here's an excerpt from the tease: "Ball shared some secrets about ..., his strange Dark Shadows asphyxiation tradition as a child, and ..."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Alan Ball Takes Us Behind the Pointy Fangs Of "True Blood"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »
Alan Ball discusses his strange (to say the least) DS asphyxiation ritual again: Alan Ball on Making True Blood

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:51:24 AM »
Any other Tru Blood fans out there?? ?? ?? I LOVE it!!!!  [Bat]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 03:27:51 AM »
YES! I love the show, too! I've read all 8 of Charlaine Harris' "southern vampire" series and think they are fabulous. That is how I got interested in TRUE BLOOD. We don't have cable, so I watch it online through one of "those" sites. Good stuff--though nothing will ever outdo Dark Shadows!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:37:16 AM »
So true!!!!!!
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:04:30 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, I have mixed feelings about "True Blood."  Parts of it I liked, others were all right and some of those got better as the show progressed.  Some parts I didn't care for at all but could put up with to watch the rest.

Well, last night I finally got around to seeing the finale.  Wow!!  It was incredible!  So many exciting things happened.  Every part of it was wonderful.  I wasn't sure whether I'd watch it again when the 2nd season starts, but they left it with a cliffhanger!  However, I may be giving up HBO, so I won't have a choice.
Josette

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
I watched the season finale last night, and I am likewise hugely looking forward to the next season!  It doesn't hurt that one of my fave actresses--Michelle Forbes--has joined the cast.  Methinks I know what she is, partially because I read up some things about the book series.

Jessica is a trip!  Cannot wait for her to meet Sookie, and maybe even more fun will be her meeting Jason!   [hall2_cool]  Plus that weird detail of Pam's dress...cool.

[spoiler]I'm sad to say that I think Lafayette is dead.  Methinks solving his murder might form a big arc for the second season.  Nor do I believe, despite a bit of misdirection, that Bill had anything to do with it.  Based on the books, it seems likely Maryanne is a Manaed.  [/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
Discussions about plot details are better suited to a True Blood or vampire forum than a DS discussion board.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:12:47 AM »
I'm sorry--does this mean discussing anything other than DS is essentially forbidden?  Because, frankly, I'm getting confused.  It is okay to discuss True Blood but not what happens on True Blood?  What else is off limit?  Costumes?  Music?  The cast?

I know this sounds snarky, but I genuinely don't understand what line is being crossed.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »
Obviously not anything other than DS, but it should be related to the show or its fans.  And to answer your other questions, if the plot details, costumes, scores or cast members of TB are not related to DS, they are off topic.  And as the guidelines that were agreed to during registration state:

Off-topic posts are allowed but should be so labeled and should be kept to a minimum.

I merely asked that discussions of plot details be taken off the board, and there's precedent for this.  Since there must be numerous True Blood posting boards, and members who have shown interest in the series can easily be contacted using their Forum mailboxes, it doesn't seem like the request would be an obstacle to one's enjoyment of either these boards or the other show.

Hope that helped.