Author Topic: Ep #524  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Ep #524
« on: January 13, 2004, 07:17:57 PM »
Submitted for your approval-- this episode as best illustration of the horror that is Jeff Clark.

My pick for best line (delivered by the AWESOME Joel Crothers):  "I'm already dead."

In New England, do girls wear heavy long-sleeved dresses in June?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Ep #524
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:56:36 PM »
Submitted for your approval-- this episode as best illustration of the horror that is Jeff Clark.

[scrm]  [shockeyes]  [haironend]

Vicki really is a saint to put up with him. I don't know how she ever stopped herself from slapping him upside the head whenever he went on a rant like he does in this episode!

My pick for best line (delivered by the AWESOME Joel Crothers):  "I'm already dead."

How many other shows could get away with a line like that?  [lghy]

Hey, Collinsport is the town where Barnabas wears a wool cape all year long. Apparently it's always very chilly there. (Though, of course, it's never cold enough to snow.  [wink2])

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:05:37 AM »
I really dont know why everyone hated Jeff Clark, but this recent shows are making me hate him.  Poor Vickie.  It almost makes me want Anthony George back as Burke.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 04:54:52 AM »
 :-X I don't think Roger Davis is way worse than the average DS performer.  He didn't seem to have a clue about his lines sometimes... but he made up some good ones.  In this way, he fit right in with what was goin on.

;D It's funny to watch him and Jonathan Frid in a couple scenes where they obviously can't help cue each other!

:o Anyway, I do think he was the best match for Vicki -- better than Mitch Ryan & Tony George.  I thought the latter two were too old for Vicki... I know Frid was about the same age, but I never thought of him as older, somehow.

:-* I thought the "romantic" scenes between Vicki & Peter/Jeff were more real than they ones with either Burke.  He was better in the HODS movie with Maggie's Vicki, when he had some more takes.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 06:44:10 AM »

Well, if you're going to ask that one, you also ought to ask if they wear sleeveless dresses in the winter!!  :)
Josette

Offline grayson67

• Junior Poster
  • I must come up with something creative to put here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 06:49:10 AM »
Vicki really is a saint to put up with him. I don't know how she ever stopped herself from slapping him upside the head whenever he went on a rant like he does in this episode!

I suppose the poor girl rationalizes that she only would have to put up with nasty Jeff until he remembered he was Peter, who was a much nicer guy. Apart from the fact that he looks like Peter, I can't understand what Vicki sees in Jeff, considering a vast majority of the time he's such a jerk to her.

I don't think Roger Davis is way worse than the average DS performer.  He didn't seem to have a clue about his lines sometimes... but he made up some good ones.

This particular episode had a good example of those made up lines. Did anyone else catch the line when he apologized for being rude to Maggie and Joe "down at Vicki's." Somehow I doubt that was the actual line - since, as a general rule, the writers tend to call "Vicki's" Collinwood.  [naughty] (Not that all of the other actors managed to remember the name of the house either, but they did get a bit closer than "down at Vicki's."  [emblgh])

Vicki must be especially cold blooded, since she was not only wearing long-sleeves but also sitting directly in front of the fireplace at one point. I know a house like that must be drafty, but it IS June. Maybe Collinwood is air conditioned and someone has been cranking up the AC?!? [wink2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 11:22:05 PM »
This particular episode had a good example of those made up lines. Did anyone else catch the line when he apologized for being rude to Maggie and Joe "down at Vicki's." Somehow I doubt that was the actual line - since, as a general rule, the writers tend to call "Vicki's" Collinwood.  [naughty] (Not that all of the other actors managed to remember the name of the house either, but they did get a bit closer than "down at Vicki's."  [emblgh])

[lghy]

My favorite is Lara Parker calling it "Hollywood", snicker.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 12:33:14 AM »
Hey Gang or how about when it always thunders
and never rains ??   ( Like the song goes it
never Rains in California oh girl don't they warn ya)

( Sorry, i just had to break out in song)
           Love Anne 8) ;D :)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow