Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1126  (Read 897 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1126
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1126
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
Tim Braithwaite was fun to watch.  What a pity that we appear to have seen the last of him!  Oh well, at least Flora does not leave us so soon.  I wish we had seen more action from her during the seance.  I'm betting this was Flora's first!

1795 Trask is easily distracted, isn't he?  Not to mention having a more accurate nose for evil than he ever had in real life, or in 1968.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
While writing a post, I will always be thrown off the Internet, and the post will be destroyed, if I don't save it.   I forgot that, and a reply about Lamar and his winning personality that I thought was quite nice was obliterated.   

Take two?   Lamar is a different sort of Trask in that he has no power, nor can he have any expectation of real power over others, and he knows it, so as much as he may want power deep down, he knows he won't get it.   So he doesn't pontificate freely as the other Trasks did.   When others mouth off at him, he just has to take it and fume inside.   That's the fun thing about Lamar, how he has to take the criticism and hold his lid on tight.

He can only hope for pathetic substitutes for real power, such as lording over dead people, and forcing some woman who doesn't like him to marry him, and no real force or persuasion or influence is involved... he does it by making an arrangement with her father.  What a weasel... but weasels are fun!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
I love love love Flora's cheerful greeting to Trask: Oh, has someone died?

Good observation about Trask, Magnus. Although dead people are the only things he has power over, he probably considers it an asset in the marriage stakes that he will never run out of customers. And who knows? Maybe he has a profitable sideline in finding out secrets about his customers that their families would never want revealed.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »
There will be one more Braithewaite who we will meet- Tim Braithewaite of 1841 Parallel Time.

[spoiler] He also has the bad luck of his Real Time counterpart. [/spoiler]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »
I love love love Flora's cheerful greeting to Trask: Oh, has someone died?

I enjoyed that too.

Truly creepy setting underground and spooky headless figure coming up out of the grave.
I'm enjoying JK as Desmond.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Did we all enjoy seeing Miss American Vampire in this ep?

After all, she contributed so much to the scenes she was in.  [b003]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »
Oh, so that's why she got the camera time and the mention in the credits.  I had no idea.  I didn't think she looked out of place, so I'd say whoever was the judge for Miss American Vampire chose well.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think the judges were Jonathan Frid and Nancy Barrett. I know they were there at the event - and Frid even "crowned" her. But I'd have to look up the details to be sure...