Author Topic: OT- Moonlight and Peoples Choice Awards Lets hear it for Vampires.  (Read 6043 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The bottom line is that none of these reports mean a darn compared to CBS' actual upfront presentation - and that doesn't happen until Wednesday. How well we learned with the '04 DS pilot that until the official network presentation is made, it's almost a waste of time to pay attention to rumors of "insider" scoop (unless it says something is definitely canceled or renewed or got a pickup) because so often the rumors aren't worth the time and energy that went into spreading them...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile

http://tinyurl.com/636aon

CBS Information and good contacts.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's official: Moonlight... Is Dead - and for the very reason I cited yesterday: the ratings drop off from Ghost Whisperer. Unlike some of the other networks, apparently CBS doesn't subscribe to the new belief that demos are actually more important than ratings. But then, nothing in the entertainment industry is ever or probably ever will be consistent...

The real irony in this is that  Moonlight on CBS and Woman's Murder Club on ABC consistently beat Friday Night Lights' ratings on NBC, yet both have been canceled and FNL has been renewed. Go figure. But a different network means a different standard for renewal.

Well, at least we have one more ep to look forward to. Hopefully it'll be great.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
If you click on the link that is in this article's sublink, it discusses the behind the scenes efforts to keep the show on the air which unfortunately failed.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-cbs-officially-renews/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Ah, yes - the always fascinating behind the scenes pissing contests, er, negotiations.  [ghost_rolleyes]  (One of the interesting things in all this that they don't mention in that article is that The Unit is in part produced by CBS Paramount Television, and of late networks have often favored their own in-house produced series over those produced by other studios, so that may also go a long way to explain how/why a show that had terrible demos was renewed by CBS (and how/why NBC renewed Friday Night Lights, which is produced by NBC Universal) but Moonlight was not.)

I was actually thinking yesterday and earlier today that just because there were rumors that Moonlight may not have been on the new CBS fall schedule, there might still have been hope for a mid-season order. But alas...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Subject: [MoonlightonCBS] Call CBS, NOW!!!!
To: MoonlightonCBS@yahoogroups.com

The number is in the message below. Call CBS now and leave your feedback. They are taking calls on Moonlight!!!!!! CALL!!! NOW!!!!

"Just spoke to a friend of mine in California. She called CBS & asked them if Moonlight is cancelled. They told her there taking votes, Heres the number 323-651-0255 Call as many times as possible. When the guy answers just till him you want to votefor Moonlight staying on the air, We will all vote so many times that they will renew it just to get us off the phone, Girls get on your battle gear & call.call.call................"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Like tvguide.com's Matt Mitovich, I wouldn't necessarily hold out too much hope (because things like this rarely ever pan out), but for what it's worth: Will the CW Bring Moonlight Back to Life?

On Monday the CW did indeed say they're looking to have Media Rights Capital program a Sunday block of programming for them, and with Moonlight being a WB produced show (meaning one of those in-house produced type shows that networks seem to love these days), it *might* be a good fit with the network - but the CW is much more interested in shows that primarily appeal to a youth audience than one with strong 18-49 demos. But I suppose we'll see...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
CBS Entertainment President when asked if Moonlight could move to the CW she said "probably not, no". Maybe they will change its mind by Friday. I hope they will have more success with shopping the show to other networks/cable stations than the 2004 DS pilot did when shopped.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-cbscancelsmoonlight,0,6764293.story

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [MoonlightonCBS] Message from Trevor Munson (Moonlight's creator) to the fans
To: MoonlightonCBS@yahoogroups.com

This was posted over at the Moonlightline forums by someone claiming to work at WB.  Given the urgency, I'm sure they won't mind my copying and pasting here, since we're all working toward a common goal:

I work at WB, and I have already posted this on another board,
Peter Roth is the head of WB Television. I have been in a meeting with this man. He is the one who gives the final ax of a show. Here is his e-mail address: peter.roth@warnerbros.com

E-mail him!!!!! This is the guy to talk to!!! Please spread the word!!

The general number for the WB Operator is 818-954-6000.

This is the guy we need to concentrate on.

Nancy

Posting this from another Moonlight group I hope you don't mind. Call or Email or both. If you have a national cell phone plan.  It might just mean minutes. Check it out.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just came across this: 'Moonlight' Fans To Howl at Warner Brothers Today

I'm confused, though - didn't Matt Mitovich's report on tvguide.com regarding the CW also say that WB was already shopping the show around to other networks, so why stage a mass demonstration to encourage them to do something they're already doing?  [ghost_huh]  Perhaps not everyone got the memo...  [ghost_undecided]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Our newspaper today said:

"DeadlineHollywoodDaily.com reported Tuesday there's a slim chance 'Moonlight' could be picked up for the CW's outsourced Sunday night schedule, but at a press breakfast yesterday, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler downplayed that possibility according to TV Week."
Josette

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
What's up with the Scifi channel? I think they could display a bit more understanding and sympathy for Moonlight's fans. What an attitude.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=54173

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, the Sci-Fi Channell hasn't exactly been known for their cordiality in the past, so nothing they do or say ever surprises me.  [sad3]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Very true MB. Here the Moonlight fans were/are simply asking the station to consider coming to its rescue and their response is don't bother us and if you would like, mail us a letter via the USPS. I thought it was a good idea for its fans to reach out to the Sci-Fi Channel. Boy this industry is cruel.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
It seems like as if you are not an instant hit, you will get cancelled. Just think all the great show wi might
not have these days. Mary Tyler Moore, Steinfeld, Cheers, and All in the Family. Can you think of other shows
that might also be the case.