Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0570  (Read 1001 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0570
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0570
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:52:32 PM »
It's been a grand and glorious week, and I hate to see it come to an end.

The scene between Willie and Barnabas, where Willie corners Barnabas into admitting that he does care about Julia, is, as I understand it, cherished by all loyal Julia fans.  I consider myself a Julia fan, but I don't think the scene proves anything.    For one thing, Barnabas rushes through his admission to Willie.  It doesn't come from very deep inside him.  He does it to shut Willie up.  Maybe he does care about Julia, but at this point if she went back to Windcliff and he never saw her again, the only time it would bother him would be if he needed her for some crisis.  For another thing, he talks about how she's been a part of his life "for so long".  He's known her for only thirteen months!  And during four of those months they were in suspended animation while Vicky made her uncertain and frightening journey back to the year 1795.  I'm guessing that for someone who has been in existence for nearly 200 years, thirteen months - to quote a fine old hymn - "Are like an evening gone, Short as the watch that ends the night Before the rising sun."

Joan Bennett and Grayson Hall.  I wish I had seen more of them together.  I particularly enjoyed their scenes together today.  A few months ago, when I was watching 1841 Parallel Time, I was wishing they could have played the Brewster aunts when Jonathan Frid was in Arsenic and Old Lace.  Of course, Hall was dead by then, so there might have been some difficulties, but I'm sure the difficulties would not have been insurmountable.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
WOW! This was one of the best Friday cliffhangers on DS! It was so exciting!  Kudos to all for their great acting! [clap2]

I loved the scene between Barnabas and Willie when Willie was trying to get Barnabas to admit that he cared for Julia.  [ghost_wub] Barnabas did just that, and showed how much he cared by doing all he could to save Julia! [milestone] Also, I believe it was the first time Barnabas picked up anybody. [milestone] It was really very romantic when Barnabas carried her back to the Old House. [love3] Barnabas almost willed Julia to be alive when Elizabeth was saying she was dead, and Barnabas said something like,  "No, she isn't dead!" [ghost_nowink]

Barnabas looked SO terrified at the possibility of Tom biting him! I wonder why he didn't wait a little longer to be sure he was in his coffin? Methinks he WANTED a confrontation like this, a way of defending Julia!
Yes, indeed, Barnabas was very frightened when Tom almost bit him! [shkdg] I wondered that, too,,, Why didn't Barnabas wait until it was light! Again, I think this was very romantic on Barnabas' part to fight Tom to the death to save Julia! So exciting! I was riveted to my seat! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »
Bad viewer!  Bad!!   You're never supposed to wonder why they go to the coffin before daylight!!    Bad, bad, bad!!!    (Newspaper-upon-nose violence)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
LOL, Magnus! [lghy]  [stfl] [lol2] [laughing1]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »
Is there anything more romantic than a man rescuing the damsel in distress? I think not.  [ghost_cool] This entire episode was excellent!
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »
I think Barnabas does care, but maybe he doesn't realize how much. But then I am one of those Julia Fans. julia gets what she wants she just never knows it.

Julia is more important than any other person in his life right now. This may also be an amends for all that he did before. But it is a turning point and milestone.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate