Author Topic: Grayson's Disney Haunted House voiceover work site  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson's Disney Haunted House voiceover work site
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2002, 03:13:42 AM »
Those recordings bring back my visits to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.  The Haunted House is one of my 3 favorite rides there including the Pirates of the Caribbean and Its A Small, Small World."  I can ride those 3 over and over again.  Will try Splash Mountain this time.  When we were down there last, the lines were so long we gave up trying to get in.

I've been in the HM too and have it break down.  Always by the gravestone where the skeleton pops up ....and so close to you too .........ewwwwwwwww

Mind you, I have not been down to Disneyland since they added the Californa Adventure.  The last time I was down there, they were just beginning stages to clear the land to build it.

We're planning a trip down there around Christmas time this year.  :)

"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2002, 04:58:35 AM »
I just got back from DisneyWorld a week ago.  Yes, we rode the HM, in fact several times.  I recognized the voice of the woman in the seance as the witch from Sleeping Beauty.  At least that is what I thought at the time. Cheryl we did get stuck on the ride, right at the clock going crazy and a shadow of a hand on the wall.  This freaked my daughter out.  Those of you who are able to go when in Ca. look at the bride and see if it reminds you of the one in the "Dream Curse".  I just started laughing.  It is a great ride and one you never tire of.  Also check into Fast Pass.  It is a great way to be able to hit the big rides.  Splash Mountian is wonderful, it is my favorite in the Magic Kingdom.  We have a hot copy of Song of the South so my kids think they are special.

Disney and Dark Shadows, you guys are going to have a blast!  Wish Ca. wasn't so far away from New England.  I am still trying to get back in the swing from vacation and the twenty one hours in the car back and forth.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2002, 05:54:55 AM »
Okay--now I'm a man with a mission.  Not that it's any big deal, but since my job as a union Business Agent gives me complete access to all areas of Walt Disney World, I'm going to go to the Magic Kingdom sometime in the next week or so and visit the HM (it's been about 5 years since I last visited that attraction--there are  no live actors there, so I have no reason to view it regularly) and pay very close attention to ALL the female voices!!  I'll let you know what I hear.   ;)

Brian
(Who is now awaiting delivery of the LP from Ohio).

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2002, 09:03:34 AM »
Doombuggy,

Thanks for the tip about the California Adventure. I had heard similar comments from others who have visited. The rides you mentioned at Disneyland are all my favorites too, except for Splash Mountain, which I haven't tried. Space Mountain is my favorite coaster-type ride. Best of all though is the Raiders ride. It makes me laugh everytime.

With all to do at Disneyland it's going to be hard to fit in time to go to the Fest! I can see us all now--going into the HM and ignoring the ghosts and goblins, but listening very carefully to the voices. :D I join you in wishing that both Frid and Hall had done voiceovers for Disneyland.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
I wish this link still worked. :(
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 08:04:40 PM »
Go here to download the whole album:
http://davesworld56.blogspot.com/2007/10/day-9-halloween-countdown.html

Click on the purple link under the album cover.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »
Is this really Grayson? Everything I can find on the internet says this was an uncredited narration by Laura Olsher. At times it really does sound like Grayson, but at others not at all.

Whatever, it's still a fun album to hear.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
RJ Jamison in her definitive book "Grayson Hall: a Tough Act to Follow" confirmed that this is indeed Laura Olsher, not Grayson (although I still think the outrageous Chinese water-torture bit sounds like GH). 

Grayson herself said in a fan interview ca. 1969/70 that she had recorded the vocal work for this LP.  I've wondered if she did do some work for it but for whatever reason Olsher, who I think was under contract to do Disney's LPs (they did a cartload of them back then) wound up performing in the released product.

G.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 03:46:17 AM »
Is this really Grayson? Everything I can find on the internet says this was an uncredited narration by Laura Olsher. At times it really does sound like Grayson, but at others not at all.

Whatever, it's still a fun album to hear.

Yes as my dear GoThick said above, Disney confirmed it is Ms Olsher.
Julia99

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
Aha! Thanks for the clear up!