Author Topic: Semi-Off Topic: Interesting Discovery on Amazon.com  (Read 797 times)

ClaudeNorth

Semi-Off Topic: Interesting Discovery on Amazon.com
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:45 AM »
Found this on Amazon.com:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Barnabas-Factor-Aubrey-Johnson/dp/0892255382/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1332808157&sr=8-4

I realize, of course, that this book is about Saint Barnabas, and I certainly do not mean to be disrespectful of the book or its author, but the description and reviews of the book do take on a humorous tone when read from a DS fan's point of view.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Off Topic: Interesting Discovery on Amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:06:41 AM »
but the description and reviews of the book do take on a humorous tone when read from a DS fan's point of view.

OMG yes. Can you just imagine if people took on the example set by the original show's Barnabas?!  [snow_shocked]  [snow_cheesy]

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:28:49 AM »
Holy Apostle Barnabas, pray for us

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Apostle_Barnabas

[ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
My favorite line from one of the reviews:  "Along the way, (the author) challenges us to think, behave and live like Barnabas."

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
My favorite line from one of the reviews:  "Along the way, (the author) challenges us to think, behave and live like Barnabas."

Lol, that's perfect! Barnabas taught me that we are absolutely not responsible for anything we did in the past (whether that's one hundred years, or five minutes ago); if someone remembers what you did in the past and might use it against you, they give you no choice but to kill them.
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
Very interesting--thanks for the link! How sand ironic for our Barnabas that his name means "son of consolation."