Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0554  (Read 3073 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0554
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »
He was really trying to make a good impression.

Just think he gets to come back as his own brother.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 07:14:32 AM »
I guess it's just the suddenly dawning panic when he realizes he's probably not going to get out of this situation alive that strikes a chord in me.  Who among us doesn't dread suddenly realizing that we are up against a psychopath with no way out?  Imagine going into some guy's house to do some handiwork, then inadvertently signing your own death warrant by a single foolish action.  I also have to disagree about Tom's quality as a vampire.  I think he is the creepiest vampire in the history of the show. 

[spoiler]The way he suddenly appears in the old house basement while Julia is alone there working on the experiment is one of the scariest moments in all of DS.  Reminds me a lot of that first scene in Night of the Living Dead.[/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »
It does make a very interesting sub plot. Makes so many people think differently.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 05:31:08 AM »
I just pulled out a 1968 tape and Tom seemed to be attempting a sort of Nosferatu image.  He seemed wraith-like and almost mindless, and the arm gesture seemed like Nosferatu.   Maybe the moments I disliked before were when he spoke.   I remember it seeming like a comedy Dracula impression.  What I see on this tape isn't bad.   He's not remotely like Barnabas was.   Maybe that was intentional, so that we wouldn't want to see him saved.   Did anyone think of him as the life force?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor