Author Topic: Apparently it's the scandal that will never go away  (Read 637 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently it's the scandal that will never go away
« on: March 02, 2016, 12:55:03 AM »
I see where:

* Universal Cable Productions is developing The Von Bülow Affair, a scripted true-crime series based on the infamous trial of British socialite Claus Von Bülow, who was accused of attempted murder of his wife. Based on William Wright’s book of the same name, the project will provide a comprehensive account of the trial and its aftermath during the 1980s.

I'm sure Alexandra is thrilled that in all likelihood she'll be made to look like a fool again...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently it's the scandal that will never go away
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 04:35:08 AM »
in Reversal of Fortune her character was little more than an extra who didn't even appear in the credits...

I wonder if she'll big a larger figure in this?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 04:44:46 AM »
Given that Alexandra was a major figure in the trial who had her face splashed across the newspapers for days on end, if the description that the project will provide a comprehensive account of the trial pans out, then I can't imagine her being little more than an extra. But at the same time, I've never read William Wright’s book (nor do I have a desire to ever read it), so I have no idea how Alexandra factors in it...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »
I guess I should tell my story again - there are probably a lot of new people since the last time.  When they had the second trial, the one that freed Claus, Alexandra had gone to Europe to try to avoid testifying again.  With the jury not present the lawyers were talking about speaking with Mrs. Moltke and they were trying to get her back.  She finally returned and testified.

At that time, one of our local stations was showing DS, and on the same or consecutive days I saw Vicki taking the oath to testify in her witchcraft trial and Alexandra taking the oath in this real trial!!
Josette

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:44:19 AM »
That is a hilarious recollection Josette!! [easter_cheesy]

Whenever I've watched the documentaries on the subject, and they show Alexandra on the stand asking the judge (or whomever it is), "Have you ever been in love?", I always chime in, "with a vampire!"   [easter_grin]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:26:10 AM »
Funny, Robot!  It always amazed me that coincidence, that they were showing that part of the story just at that time.

Watching it was rather chilling.  She testified about Claus calling her to say that his wife was dying next to him and that he couldn't go through with it and called for help.  It's the kind of thing one would see many times in a TV show or movie, but since this was real life, it really got to me.  And from that bit alone, I could never see how the jury acquitted him.
Josette

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »
As the TV lawyers like to say, the American justice system is not about guilt or innocence. Only the burden of proof.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."