Author Topic: Tan shoes in December  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Tan shoes in December
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2002, 10:16:10 PM »
is the exact same one that Carolyn wore not too long ago.

In the last scenes with Harry Johnson and Nicholas Blair, when he had Harry go and dig up Eve's grave, the jacket that Harry was wearing, is the exact same one that Joe Haskell wore. Mix and match!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2002, 12:29:07 AM »
I thought the white shoe ban was no longer a fashion rule - never heard of the tan shoes in December rule - but did notice the shoes didn't match

Do tan shoes fall under that no white shoes after Labor Day ban?

[edited by Midnite]

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2002, 12:39:14 AM »
Possibly this "new" rule exist, (the one with tan shoes being okay to wear after Labor Day), but you've got to remember one thing.....this happen in 1968.  Beside, I wouldn't  and don't go with the "new rule".  
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2002, 03:43:28 AM »
There is a blue negligee that I have seen on three women characters at different times and Centuries-Angelique, Maggie and Carolyn.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2002, 06:21:41 AM »

In the last scenes with Harry Johnson and Nicholas Blair, when he had Harry go and dig up Eve's grave, the jacket that Harry was wearing, is the exact same one that Joe Haskell wore. Mix and match!

Hey Vam and Craig

that's pretty funny i knew that aghan traveled around didn't realize the clothes did too! must be those yard sales mentioned before!

jennifer
but i'm sure they never thought these episodes
would be seen again and no one would ever notice
Boy were they wrong!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2002, 06:26:38 AM »

There is also a black wool coat that Noah Gifford wore in 1795, you will see it on Joe Haskell soon. It's the same one Noah was wearing when he was with Ben at The Eagle.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2002, 12:09:17 PM »
Ha!  I thought so! I have to say though that when she took off the robe thing, Durkin looked pretty good in it--she has more of a figure than Barrett and it was the first thing I've seen on her (Durkin) on the show that made her appear to be halfway attractive.

That's exactly what my dad said!! :-)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2002, 12:11:18 PM »

Was that the blue one Cheryl?  I thought Harry looked good in that one. :-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 08:33:31 PM »

Was that the blue one Cheryl?

Yes, and I agree, it did look good on him!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
Re: Tan shoes in Decembe]
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2002, 12:43:12 AM »
By the way, real Mainers can't afford to shop at LLBean.

And with Burberry and Nine West there who the hell wants to even look at a duck shoe anyway?  For real native casual shoes I will stick with clam diggers and weejuns.

A quick shoe primer:

Tan shoes off season:  Pumps, never, a seude slouch boot, okay.  Non-boot wise, try to go with richer browns or an ox blood.

White shoes still in?  They are a pita, but sometimes unavoidable...and spectator pumps are a must when trying to find a shoe to wear with dressy red, red is a bitch to match.  Have the red/white spectator pump on hand for this.  They are also good in navy/white.

Two tone shoes are good in general, because David Selby wears them, and that is reason enough (see, I am on topic here).

Heels....you can never have enough variance in heel inch.  Great fitting jeans are hard to find, hemming is bitch....so much easier just to have shoes to accomodate the length of the jeans.  For the vertically challenged, such as myself (I am way too short for my weight), a slim leg jean that is too long, but whose length is corrected by a stack heeled Nine West oxford is the holy grail.  I advise these Nine Wests in both black and chocolate brown with all the heel variation there is out there.  To keep to the LL Bean topic here, let me say that this is the perfect place to insert the following:  LL Bean sizing sucks.  LL Bean cut sucks.

Flats: Created for the sole purpose of wearing with leggings, which, fahion mavens be damned, will never be out of style if you have small thighs and butt.  Industry wants to dictate to the flat tummied, well I can't change that, but I can hold on to my leggings.

Black patent leather Mary Janes?  Not just for the parochial school girl anymore, wear them til your 90.

Flip flops?  For running errands, go for it, but for the love of god leave off the plastic doo-dahs.  Something with a sole that doesn't scream shower room at the Y is a given.

Burberry check slides?  Will everyone who has lemminged this pattern and made it trendy please move on to the next thing so that I can go back to wearing the ones I have had for years without looking like a charter member of the Oprah Book Club?  Thank You.

Boots....here you are financially screwed, because with real winters you have too many bases to cover.  Style and function tend to not over lap well....so you have to have both, and of course you need black, brown, neutral.  White...nonononono.  Not even good on majorettes. If you are not planning on dancing topless in a cage, do not buy white boots.  A cream or rich ivory is good, though.

You can trust me on knowing my boot thing, I was caught once not having the right boot....dark, but not frivolous, and definately not utilitarian a couple of years ago when I had a family funeral with snow on the ground.  Since if I had worn the wrong boot, I would hope to hell they would be burying me, I wore pumps.  I then was asked to be a pall bearer (ironic since this was the  blood relative I would l have least  wanted to put in a grave).

I am now boot ready.  Bring anything on.

I do not own a pair of Bean boots, and have not since 1978.  You need that good solid boot to shovel out the car or schlepp to the corner store, but give me a Bass shitkicker any day.

The final word on shoes:  Ladies, you must own a pair of FMPs.

Nancy
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Nancy

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2002, 01:36:59 AM »
Thanks for the shoe primer. You sure know your stuff. I knew I was ignorant but just not the depths that I am about such things.

I've been a pall bearer twice and was asked to wear flats, which I did. And, yes, I think one pair of them were tan in the off season.  

Nancy

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2002, 01:52:55 AM »
Thanks for the shoe primer. You sure know your stuff. I knew I was ignorant but just not the depths that I am about such things.

I've been a pall bearer twice and was asked to wear flats, which I did. And, yes, I think one pair of them were tan in the off season.

I would have worn tan off season before I would have worn functional boots to a church or cemetary.

The bag would have matched, though.

n
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2002, 03:57:57 AM »
Do tan shoes fall under that no white shoes after Labor Day ban?

"I don't understand".......what is the history behind this "ban" on white after Labor Day rule?

?!?

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2002, 08:34:07 AM »
Sheenasma,

Are you, by any chance, related to Imelda Marcos?

I personally resort to my school marm lace up shoes for all dressy occassions here in Hooterville, and that's because I am a school marm.

FMPs for the theatre and all dressy occasions in dazzling urban locations, though mine are not pumps per se. I go for the strappy high-heeled hooker look.

Beyond that, I believe that sueded pigskin work boots complement any and all outfits. When accompanied by a NASCAR cap, they also scare the hell out of any students who come to my office hours. ;)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Connie

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 09:21:55 AM »
Nancy,
I LOVE your shoe primer.  It's a classic and should be published IMHO.  Jeez...I'm so uneducated.

Clam diggers and weejuns?  Spectator pumps?  I don't even know what these are.  And what in God's name are Burberry check slides??

Two tone shoes are good in general, because David Selby wears them, and that is reason enough (see, I am on topic here).

ROFL -- I love this.

You can trust me on knowing my boot thing, I was caught once not having the right boot....

Holy crap!  NO!!

The final word on shoes:  Ladies, you must own a pair of FMPs.

I don't know what these are, but certainly feel I now need them.  What are FMPs??

You kill me.

Wishing I could take sheenasma shopping with me,
I am,
CLC
(Definitely not dressed appropriately AT ALL)