Author Topic: Tan shoes in December  (Read 5467 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Tan shoes in December
« on: September 11, 2002, 06:42:09 PM »
Now don't get me wrong, but, did you notice Vicki/Betsy shoes today?  There she is, going crazy because that dumb watch,that she gave Jeff/Peter, on their "honeymoon", is starting and stopping whenever "he" comes in the room.  Anyway, there she goes to Widows Hill, she's going to jump off, here come Mrs. Stoddard and Professor Stokes, and they're begging her not to end it all, and we see her, full length.

I started laughing.  The lime green coat, okay, that was the style for about a day, but those tan shoes!!!!  I had heard someone mention that it was December, so, I know that you never wear tan shoes.  Mrs. Stoddard had on black shoes, as did Carolyn.  But Vicki/Betsy she did not.

I could send John Waters and he would shoot her, or that costume person.  I just can't believe that Vicki/Betsy would pick out tan shoes in December, in 1968.

No, it had to be costume person.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tan shoes in December
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 07:10:27 PM »
Do tan shoes fall under that no white shoes after Labor Day ban?

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 08:47:32 PM »
    Yes, we wear tan pumps in Maine and in December.
However, she should be wearing her bean boots(LLBean) for the hike through the snow to Widows Hill.  If she happen to hit an icy patch she would not have to jump off she would just slide over the edge.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 09:26:25 PM »
I actually didn't think she had any shoes on at all on Monday when she passed out in the hall at Collinwood.  Then I saw the tan/beige ones.

Tanis-
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 09:27:13 PM »
[idea2]I think the ladies should all wear tool belts ...(coordinated to match their

dresses of course)... to hold all the necessary paraphernalia one needs to live in
Collinswood area... things like.. oh...let's see.... [hdscrt]wooden stakes, hammers,[smash]

crosses, doggy treats for the wolfman, guns with silver bullets, a flashlight for

travelling through the woods, SprayNWash towelettes for quick blood removal,

just the bare necessities!

[thumb]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 09:29:31 PM »
Oh, I agree, Onyx_treasure!  In fact, I think all of Collinwood could have used a little help from LLBean!  

Just think....lovely fleecy throws in black and red plaids...oval rag rugs on the floors...bittersweet wreath on the door...everyone in flannel lined jeans and hand knitted sweaters.

Picture Roger and Barnabas returning from a day's hunting....camouflage jackets, boots and Elmer Fudd hats....demanding brandy and help with the moose carcass out on the front steps!

No, eh?.....well, it was just a thought.

[lghy] Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 10:20:06 PM »
everyone in flannel lined jeans and hand knitted sweaters.

Makes me hot just thinking about it! Even when it gets down to the 20's in Las Vegas during the winter, I don't wear flannel lined jeans. Our cold spell is so short here, even sweaters are a waste of money.  
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 10:33:15 PM »
Hi Raineypark,

I don't know about Barnabas but I can picture Roger at one of those fancy hunting lodges.  The ones that have professional hunting guides and serve a gourmet meal at the end of the day and someone else takes care of the taxadermy.  Can't you just picture a huge moose head over the mantel in the drawing room?
    By the way, real Mainers can't afford to shop at LLBean.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2002, 12:22:19 AM »
Hi Raineypark,

........I can picture Roger at one of those fancy hunting lodges.......Can't you just picture a huge moose head over the mantel in the drawing room?

Oh, absolutely!

By the way, real Mainers can't afford to shop at LLBean.

Can't comment there, Onyx_treasure....the only real Mainer I know WORKS for LL Bean!  [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2002, 12:40:41 AM »
well, lets see, she recently was kidnapped by a man made monster, thrown on a gurney, and nearly electrocuted, was attacked by a vampire, and just watched her newlywed husband disappear into thin air, think we can forgive her for not being "fashionable". i am sure liz will scold her and tell her "next time you prepare to jump, put on a nicer pair of shoes"!!! [heh]
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2002, 10:13:49 AM »
I started laughing.  The lime green coat, okay, that was the style for about a day,

There goes that lime green coat again!  Didn't Cassandra wear that all the time?

Also the nightgown & matching robe that Vicky had on in her room when Amy came running in is the exact same one that Carolyn wore not too long ago.  

I always wonder about the shoes these women wear on DS that they're able to go trekking through the woods and never have so much as a speck of dirt on them.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2002, 11:14:47 AM »
Also the nightgown & matching robe that Vicky had on in her room when Amy came running in is the exact same one that Carolyn wore not too long ago.  

Ha!  I thought so! I have to say though that when she took off the robe thing, Durkin looked pretty good in it--she has more of a figure than Barrett and it was the first thing I've seen on her (Durkin) on the show that made her appear to be halfway attractive.

Luciaphil
(who looks like crap in her pjs--especially as she has insomnia and the killer cold from hell)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2002, 05:09:06 PM »
Do tan shoes fall under that no white shoes after Labor Day ban?

my mother pointed the white shoes after Labor day and then she asked does anyone even wear white shoes anymore?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2002, 08:48:35 PM »

There she is, going crazy because that dumb watch,that she gave Jeff/Peter, on their "honeymoon", is starting and stopping whenever "he" comes in the room.

HEY...I always knew J/P had a face (or maybe simply a presence) that would stop a clock! [smrtasy] Tee hee hee heeeeee!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2002, 10:13:10 PM »
[idea2]all the necessary paraphernalia one needs to live in
Collinswood area... things like.. oh...let's see.... [hdscrt]wooden stakes, hammers,[smash]

crosses, doggy treats for the wolfman,

LOL! Now I wonder why nobody ever thought of that. Wolfy want a milk bone? They're liver flavored!