Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1057  (Read 653 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1057
« on: March 20, 2016, 02:28:27 AM »
Robservations #1057

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1057

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:53:43 PM »
Stokes is worried about the autopsy and Barnabas is worried Stokes may get his hands on the carved up remains and I guess sew it back together in Adam fashion. Julia meanwhile falls asleep at the critical time she is being searched for. So apparently Stokes has been elevated to major villan status to keep the suspense going.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
Another murder mystery with a different set of suspects. Who killed Claude North? Accusations are made back and forth but we never really get an answer.
Stokes becomes a new adversary for Barnabas. They seem evenly matched here. If the autopsy results proved that the dead woman is Angelique and not Alexis, wouldn't the body be released to her husband?
Roxanne fills us in on some background on her relationship with Claude North. The dagger seems to have been a major focus on their lives. Forget Cyrus and his glove fetish! This stuff with the dagger sounds like Angelina Jolie territory.
Inspector Hamilton had a difficult time accepting the whole Angelique/Alexis story. Would a statement from Julia (or anyone) saying that Angelique murdered Bruno with voodoo be enough to exonerate Quentin?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
DarkLady, come back!!

Inspector VO... Barnabas sees Tim.  I enjoy PT now that it has a different cast of characters.  Basically, I tire of the people who live in Collinwood proper.  Tim Stokes sits there at a table, doing nothing to entertain or amuse or distract himself from grief but to sit there, with both hands engaged in the acts of smoking and drinking, at all times.  Well, at least he's keeping busy... drinking and stewing...

That Claude North thing sure fizzled out fast.  I half expect them to keep dropping in hints about how cool and mysterious CN is, because they snatched him away just as he appeared.  Someone here speculated that Dameon Edwards was a shoehorned-in mystery put in just to be a mystery, with no ideas how to resolve it satisfyingly, by the writers, the kind of thing that Dan Curtis would shoot down when he got back to the office again.  Claude North was just another Dameon, I suppose.  For once, DC gets to be right... though once they foisted Mr. Throaty onto us, you'd think Dan would have felt some obligation to make something out of it, which worked.  Are they professional writers, or aren't they?

Maybe they were going somewhere good with it, Dan returned from HoDS, hi writers I'm home, and hit the roof when he saw a new character had been introduced and focused on, without its having been his decision.  Narcissists are like that, in case that applies.  I wouldn't know.

Stop the over-earnest shouting, Mr. Frid, please.  You're overloading the microphones a little, for one thing.  ***  They should break down every unopenable door in the basement at Collinwood, going through the place systematically, noting every possible walled-off space, by comparing it to where the outer walls of the building have to be.  Someone should accompany Barnabas with a jackhammer or something.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
The Claude North story comes to an abrupt end, perhaps a little too abrupt. We never find out who stabbed him or why. There are only three possible suspects out of the remaining characters: Barnabas, Roxanne and Stokes. All three claim innocence. I think that it was Stokes but I'm not clear on the motivation. But I guess if TPTB didn't care, I shouldn't either.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
It feels like they had planned PT to last longer and then decided wrap it up sooner maybe due to ratings or audience complaints.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times