Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0449  (Read 1306 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0449
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:30 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0449
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »
I loved Grayson Hall's performance today.  Maybe it was just because it's been a while since we've seen her - but she was so quiet and contained in her black dress.

How is the Countess so sure that she can call somebody?  Actually, that question doesn't bother me much.  I'm too busy thinking about the idea that either a friend or a foe may come in answer to the call.  Nicholas Blair could take 1795 onto a whole new tangent.

Lovely scene in the Tower Room.  Barnabas is a bit out of touch with the family, though, if he thinks Millicent has sufficient wits left to remember not to tell anybody about him.  I can imagine her telling Natalie, "Countess, if I forget, you must be sure to remind me: there is no vampire in the Tower."

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »
I can't believe how shabbily Nathan treats Milicent in this episode. It's inexcusable!  [santa_angry]

I can't believe barnabas would have actually let Millicent go if she promised to stay quiet about him. It just doesn't seem like something he would do. After all, she could always break that promise, he knows that.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »
Barnabas hesitates before killing members of his own family, unless they bring home floozies.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
I'd completely forgotten until I was just picking out captures from this episode to post on the CTP/FITBs board that this is the episode that features this now infamous shot:

[santa_azn]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »
Yeah, when Nathan was coming down the stairs, I thought, "I'll bet that's it!"

I'm seeing a heart in the center of picture - a little distorted, but definitely a heart.  I suppose Nathan would say that his heart's in the right place.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
I suppose Nathan would say that his heart's in the right place.

I bet he would.  [santa_grin]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
LOL, MB! I love that screen capture of Nathan! [santa_tongue]

This episode showed just how much Joshua loved Barnabas. He tried everything to help him beat the curse. I agree, Natalie and Joshua do make a good couple! [santa_thumb] But I still like Naomi better with him. [santa_wink]

Nathan sure was a horrible person today! [santa_angry] He almost messed up the summoning of Bathia Mapes by Natalie and Joshua. Also, Nathan did indeed treat Millicent horribly! Poor Millicent caught Barnabas, who felt he had no choice but to bite her to keep her quiet.  [santa_rolleyes]

Actually, I just changed my mind - Nathan DID ruin what Natalie and Joshua were doing! If everyone had been away from the house like Joshua had originally planned, things would have turned out differently for Barnabas.

That last scene, when Bathia Mapes appeared, was quite thrilling! I loved it when the front doors flew open and Bathia was standing there! [santa_grin]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2] 
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »
Actually, I just changed my mind - Nathan DID ruin what Natalie and Joshua were doing! If everyone had been away from the house like Joshua had originally planned, things would have turned out differently for Barnabas.
What an interesting thought!  If Nathan hadn't interrupted, would somebody other than Bathia Mapes have arrived?  Friend or foe?  Come to think of it, I suppose you may be referring to Millicent's expedition to the tower room, Sally.  There are lots of good what-ifs here.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:22:36 AM »
Yes, there are lots of "what-ifs" here. I think Bathia Mapes would have arrived whether Nathan interrupted or not.  Of course, Millicent's expedition to the tower room (only because Nathan encouraged her) changed things - but Bathia was able to get Barnabas to come back anyway. I'd better save more "what-ifs" for discussion of later episodes. [santa_wink]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »
A thought which just now occurred.... more ought to have been made of the dwindling population of that maniacally big, brand new house known as Collinwood.    Rather than a feeling of anticlimax, which I think I had from this stretch of the storyline... (I'm not watching it again along with everyone else, but just remembering), we might have gotten a more meaningful set of feelings from it, if they'd emphasized empty hallways and rooms, echoes, brooding Joshua sitting in his study with nothing to do.... driving home how many people were dead and gone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor