Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0330  (Read 1061 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0330
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:25:46 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0330
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
This would scare me also if a bat was attacking me. It was kind of smart in some ways for Barnabas to do this.  David has to be handled, he doesn't want to really hurt him deep down.  The only person to this point that he has killed is Jason. He desearved it. (I hope that we all agree to this.)

David right now reminds me of someone,  Michael, but that is in the future.  If David was smart he should get the truth, or let Burke get it. David doesn't want people to think that he is crazy.

Why is Julia at the Old House the people in Collinwood should be asking? The old house doesn't have that big of Library? We know why! ::) :-X
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:20:37 AM »
Everybody at Collinwood is being very silly.  It's very annoying, but very believable.

Sarah tells David, "Don't go near the Old House."  David knows she's a ghost.  He knows she has special information.  So what does he do?  He goes to the Old House.  And then Roger and Elizabeth just pooh-pooh what David says, instead of sitting down with him and getting him to tell the whole story, from beginning to end, of why he believes Barnabas is bad.  Of course it wouldn't do any good because David feels bound by his promise to Sarah to keep the secret of the room in the mausoleum - but Roger and Elizabeth still should make the effort.

This is the episode in which Julia says that Willie has been delivered to a home for the criminally insane.  If he had gone to Windcliff, she would have said so.

I agree with lori54: that scene with the bat terrorizing David was a good one.  But I don't agree with lori54 about Jason McGuire: bad as he was, he hadn't earned the death penalty.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:13 AM »
I agree with lori54: that scene with the bat terrorizing David was a good one.  But I don't agree with lori54 about Jason McGuire: bad as he was, he hadn't earned the death penalty.

Thanks, I know that he might have maybe been scared straight, but I really wonder if that would have happened. I was a real bad guy.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »
That bat ending was very scary!  [shkdg] Great ending for a Friday cliffhanger! [thumb]

I loved the scene when Roger was talking to David.  Roger was talking on David's level and really seemed to care about him. [hug] That was a far cry from the way it was a year ago! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
This is the episode in which Julia says that Willie has been delivered to a home for the criminally insane.  If he had gone to Windcliff, she would have said so.

Well, chances are the original intent wasn't that Willie had gone to Windcliff. At this point Julia was still slated to be killed off, as was Barn (at least to Frid's way of thinking), so there probably wouldn't have been much point in ever bringing Willie back in the future. But, thankfully, Julia and Barn hung around. And when it came time to bring Willie back, the plot required a convenient way to do it, so, voila, Willie had been sent to Windcliff, where Julia could easily get him released - and knowing DC, the audience wasn't even supposed to remember anything about Willie having supposedly gone to a home for the criminally insane.  ;)  (Though one does suppose that Windcliff might have had a section for the criminally insane. I mean, they seemed to treat EVERYTHING there!  [lghy])

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this Lydia (sorry!). As far as I am concerned, Jason more than earned it. In fact, I think he deserved a nastier death. He lied to Elizabeth about her killing Paul and because of that lie she rotted in Collinwood for 18 years. He came back to blackmail her, he browbeated her into letting him have his way every time, nearly forced her into a loveless marriage so he could continue to mooch off her, he caused so much trouble between her and her daughter....the guy may have been charming at times but he was a cold-hearted, troublemaking snake and I feel he deserved what he got in the end for all the pain he caused Elizabeth.

As to the episode....I too appreciated the way Roger was trying to understand David. I had watched these episodes first long before the pre-Barnabas episodes and was quite impressed with how loving and caring Roger was.....imagine my surprise when I watched the beginning of the show and saw he hadn't always been that way with David!

I too agree the bat WAS scary! When I saw this episode for the first time as a child, I remember wondering, did Barnabas send the bat there to scare him or to kill him? It could have gone either way at this point.

Great episode.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »
I too agree the bat WAS scary! When I saw this episode for the first time as a child, I remember wondering, did Barnabas send the bat there to scare him or to kill him? It could have gone either way at this point.

Or was it even Barnabas didn't he  have the skill to turn himself into a bat?  That is what I thought when i saw it.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »
That will be answered in a few weeks.

Or was it even Barnabas didn't he  have the skill to turn himself into a bat?  That is what I thought when i saw it.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 02:03:41 AM »
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this Lydia (sorry!). As far as I am concerned, Jason more than earned it. In fact, I think he deserved a nastier death. He lied to Elizabeth about her killing Paul and because of that lie she rotted in Collinwood for 18 years. He came back to blackmail her, he browbeated her into letting him have his way every time, nearly forced her into a loveless marriage so he could continue to mooch off her, he caused so much trouble between her and her daughter....the guy may have been charming at times but he was a cold-hearted, troublemaking snake and I feel he deserved what he got in the end for all the pain he caused Elizabeth.
Gosh, don't be sorry.  It's more fun that way.  Jason had no way of knowing, when he lied to Elizabeth, that she would rot in Collinwood for 18 years.  I'm sure it never occurred to him that she would do that.  And he didn't intentionally cause trouble between Liz and Carolyn.  (I haven't seen the pre-Barnabas episodes with Jason, so if I'm wrong on this, somebody please correct me - but it would surprise me.)  One reason Liz didn't want to marry Jason was that Carolyn was raising a fuss, so it was in his interest to keep Liz and Carolyn on good terms with each other.  Remember, he tried to bribe Buzz to drop Carolyn.  As for the browbeating, blackmailing, and nearly forcing her into a loveless marriage - yes, he did all that, but I don't think that rates the death penalty.