Author Topic: Questions for Thom & Rainey  (Read 871 times)

Offline Blondie

• View Profile
Questions for Thom & Rainey
« on: March 03, 2002, 04:43:22 PM »
Rainey: you mentioned you met all the actors at the festivals. Can you tell me a little of what they were like? Did you ever meet the actor who played David.
Thom- What did Alenxandra have to do with
Claus Van Bulow? Thanks for the info- Sharon

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Thom & Rainey
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 07:08:40 PM »
Sorry Sharon...you've confused me with someone else.  I've never been to a festival and the only Dark Shadows actor I ever met was John Karlen who was appearing in a New York production of the play "The Subject Was Roses".  He was nice enough to come to the stage door to talk with a group of us teenaged fans.  We were all thoroughly besotted and he was very sweet.

By the way, this took place in the fall of 1967....when Willie Loomis was away having his mind altered...just in case anyone was wondering what John Karlen was doing at the time.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Thom

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 10:40:36 PM »
Hi Sharon. The lovely Ms. Moltke-Isles had an affair with the married Claus Von Bulow. His wife Sunny was a Newport, R.I. socialite(Newport - the site of Seaview Terrace, Collinwood's exterior) and he was charged with her attempted murder by giving her a concoction of drugs mixed with Seconal(?). He was acquitted the second trial. Alexandra had to testify and turned aganist him, believing he was guilty. Some say she was a woman scorned but the sincerity ofher testimony was riveting. I'm sorry she went through such a hard time and I'm sure she wants no reminders of it but it was a shock to be seeing Alex for the first time in 16 yrs on tv in 82 and then seeing her PRESENT DAY testifying in a trial on CNN. That was too weird. I think Alex has stayed away from conventions and the like because she was afraid of fan reaction but from what I understand when she appeared the Museum of TV & Radio ceremony last year she got the biggest applause of anyone.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 11:08:27 PM »
Welcome to the board, Thom!  I'm thrilled that you're enjoying yourself.

I think Alex has stayed away from conventions and the like because she was afraid of fan reaction but from what I understand when she appeared the Museum of TV & Radio ceremony last year she got the biggest applause of anyone.

I do realize that you were just speculating here, but I wanted to add that I don't believe Alexandra has ever publicly stated why she hadn't attended any DS events before her appearance at the DS tribute.  Your post is fine, Thom, but my concern is that fans reading these boards may mistake the opinions expressed here to be facts, especially when they have to do with an actor's private life, and that's why I feel we have to be careful when making guesses or speculating about their personal motives.

And yes, the response she got from the audience was tremendous.  It was very touching.

Thom

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 05:53:32 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Midnite and of course you're right I can't speak for Alexandra but this is what I've assumed from past interviews with her. I'm just glad she has come into DS fandom. She was so special as Vicki and the first prominent daytime publication Afternoon TV featured Alex and Jonathan on the cover.  I wouldn't want to hurt her for the world.

Offline dsannabelle

• Who refuses to grow up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 07:30:57 AM »
I believe I read somewhere that Alexandra Moltke
went on to do some writing after Dark Shadows,
but what about acting? Was Dark Shadows the
only thing she did? I do not remember seeing her
in any thing else. Does anyone know? ?!?

Thanks

Annabelle

Nancy

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 09:03:39 AM »
I believe I read somewhere that Alexandra Moltke
went on to do some writing after Dark Shadows,
but what about acting? Was Dark Shadows the
only thing she did? I do not remember seeing her
in any thing else. Does anyone know? ?!?

Thanks

Annabelle

Alexandra Moltke Isles did some stage work after DS and also researched and directed "The Power of Conscience: The Danish Resistance & the Rescue of the Jews" a documentary produced in 1995.  She did quite  bit of work for the Museum of Television and Radio in New York, and I know she helped out at the main reference desk in the early 1980s.  She might have  been a volunteer.  I know first hand she was very knowledgeable as she helped me and three colleagues try to locate an old TV program.  :)

Nancy