Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0381  (Read 573 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0381
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:33 AM »
Robservations - #381

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0381

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
Just random thoughts: This episode felt more like the 'old' DS than the current DS. Even Barn looked more like the old Barn. I wonder if the strike is over? I liked the scenes between Parker & David, as per usual: Ben's in-your-face sarcasm & taunts: Angelique's desperation & threats, and so on. I disliked the scenes between Frid & Ford for acting and content. It was boring. Well, I did appreciate watching Andre hold back on telling Barn about Josette & Barn kissing, etc. I disliked the special effects. I couldn't stay focused through much of the episode. When Barn was searching the woods I kept looking for the dead bush Lydia talked about, lol. Then, it's like, who the hell is that guy playing the apparition of Jeremiah? I just couldn't stay focused. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the closing scene of Barn telling Ange, "Inspite of what I've been through, I still love her. No matter what has happened, or what will happen, I will always love her." Frid's facial expressions in this scene with Parker were awesome and perfect. Still, all in all -- a forgettable episode for me.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
True--not much going on here until the very end.

Once again Ben tells Angelique (twice) how mean she is. Once again (twice) she threatens him and once she stops him from throttling her.

Angelique is so sure that everything will fall into place for her, but she never, ever counts on other people having free will.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »
THe opening slides are covered in dirt. More so than usual.
Angelique's bed has box springs.
The road to town looks very untraveled considering that the family is using it to go back and forth into town daily.
Barnabas states that he will always love Josette and Angelique is determined that she can make him love her.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »
Pointless suspense fake-out, as Ben slowly turns the knob to get into Ang's room.   If they'd made this today, Ben would have crept up from bnehind and put his hand on Ang's shoulder....

So Barnabas does suspect Ang, even if only vaguely.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor