Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0119  (Read 1029 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0119
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0119
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »
We get what might be the only intentional comedy in the series as Burke asks Joe, Did you find anything? Joe replies, Only you. Joe also comments somewhat disparagingly, You’ve left footprints all over the place. I could hear you hollering all over the woods.

Elizabeth and Carolyn argue about Burke: Elizabeth tells Carolyn, He’s too old for a young girl like you. When will you call me a woman? Carolyn asks. Elizabeth points out it's the truth. To her mother’s horror, Carolyn declares, Well, it won't be a woman who bestows that title on me, it'll be a man--Burke Devlin!

But the exchange between Roger and Burke is the crowning touch. As they spar, Roger casually loads a shotgun!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:09:07 AM »
I thought Roger was unloading...  And there are intentionally humorous lines on DS.   Burke's had a lot of them so far.   I liked: (to Carolyn) "I almost got elected, didn't I?"

I wonder if Carolyn has visions of being mistress of Devlinwood dancing in her head...

I just realized that Vicki's suitcase is standing rightside-up, no reason for the "VW" to be upside down, yet it is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
And there are intentionally humorous lines on DS.   Burke's had a lot of them so far. 

Mrs. Johnson has a good one about the sheriff in an upcoming episode. One of my favorites.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
Mrs. Johnson has a good one about the sheriff in an upcoming episode. One of my favorites.

I just watched and took notes on that.   Then David goes to the sheriff with it!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:13:39 AM »
I'm wondering what the gun laws were in Maine at the time.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »
As Carolyn and Elizabeth discuss Vickie and fight over Burke, I remember Sam Hall saying that Carolyn was not written well before he took over, but she is a spoiled teen who thinks she knows it all, but perhaps this gets lost in the writers between now and the Hall regime.
More location footage as Roger pulls up with the car.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
This episode didn't do much for me.  There was lots of rehashing of old issues, and even Louis Edmonds couldn't make it shine.  I suppose all the characters were acting in ways that were characteristic of them, but that doesn't mean it was interesting.

Even the final break-up of Joe and Carolyn was pretty lackluster, I thought, although I liked the way Nancy Barrett and Joel Crothers synchronized their turning away from each other.