Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1172  (Read 768 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1172
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:57 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1172
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »
Barnabas was going to testify at Quentin's trial?  I don't remember hearing that before.  And what was he going to say?  Nothing susceptible of proof, I imagine.  Just that his cousin Quentin was a fine man.  As if that would convince the judges.

And if Barnabas was going to testify, does that mean that the Charles Dawson has finished presenting the prosecution's case?  And if so, how come we didn't get to see Mordecai Grimes testifying?  We wuz robbed!

Does anybody around Collinwood notice Julia's intense, passionate devotion to the brother from whom she had been parted for ten years until just recently?  Gabriel did make a remark, before Angelique arrived on the scene, about how Barnabas and Julia were inseparable, but has anybody noticed that Julia looks at Barnabas one way and Barnabas looks at Julia another way?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
I suppose that Dawson must have rested his, um, case the same day that Barnabas dined at Flora's and fell into the trap that Trask and Gerard had prepared for him. I'm sure he would have found more to say than just that Quentin is a nice guy, but I can't think what at the moment.

It would be just like that sharp Gabriel to notice how inseparable Barn and Julia are, but I'm sure he and everyone else at Collinwood are too full of their own concerns to notice much that doesn't directly concern them. And I thought 1897 was a nest of vipers!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
My no longer seeing Barnabas as a "good guy" is really emptying my experience of this stretch of storyline.   I used to feel for Barnabas putting on the manacles, but I'm cold to it now.   For one thing, I know now how stupid and wasteful it was to brick up Trask One in the first place.

Lydia's right, what evidence did Barnabas have?   The utter unimpeachability of his true blue devotion to Q?   Do character witnesses count here?

Gerard has Lamar go sit on the sofa, while he explains how Q1 plans on getting help from the dead a little later... as if that's something you could receive advance notice of.   Anyway, as Trask sat obiediently on the couch, I pictured him on the edge of his seat with a bag of popcorn, paying rapt attention.

Julia should hypnotize Lamar into revealing where Barnabas is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
I have to say, I still feel sorry for Barnabas when he gets bricked up (AGAIN!). I wouldn't call him a 'hero' but I still find him very likable during this period (aside from the start when Julia unchained him and he had no memory of her and attempted to make Roxanne his vampire bride).

Maybe Barnabas was going to be called as a character witness for Quentin. Even that sounds fishy, since Barnabas had only known this Quentin, for what a few weeks, a few months at the most. Flora and Carrie sound like better witnesses for Quentin to me, since they've known him much longer.

LOL at the suggestion that Julia should hypnotize Lamar. But what if he failed...I can just see him accusing her next of witchcraft!