Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0898  (Read 810 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0898
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
Robservations #898

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0898

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:40:37 AM »
Kittenish Grayson VO.  Hey, Megan's killer is Phillip!  Well, at least the waiting is over with.  As Tom Petty taught us, the waiting is the hardest part.  Except for the strangling.  David interrupts by walking downstairs with the baby, and a mysterious cure for him.  They might have just passed on the cure in the first place, instead of expecting the Todds to do something to cure him, then wasting time brainwashing Phillip.  The Todds make up, as if it all were perfectly normal.

After having been visited by Jenny, Chris researches her with Julia.  Julia explains everything she knows, about Chris's curse and his Collins connection. 

Stoddard involuntarily notes the date December 4, 1969 on his hotel room calendar.  Another irresponsible seance is staged by Julia, with her, Chris, and David.  Seance-holders love to say it will all be perfectly safe when it's definitely not... Jamison tells them that Quentin is unavailable, and that's all.  Jamison seems to remember Q as a ghost and is confused himself...?  Paul gets a Naga tattoo on his wrist.  What do you do when you're branded?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 05:45:11 AM »
[spoiler] Levis are afraid of werewolves, right? FDSMS possible. [/spoiler]

I think it's creepy having David pick up your(faux) baby...if Megan was Levi's/Josephs mother, she'd smack the you-know-what outa David (though, no Levi withstanding, he'd probably murder her, and get away with it).

Chris: Carolyn, I'm a monster.
Carolyn: Oh no, no. A 'monster'? In this day and age AND TELEVISION SERIES? :)

Did anyone ever think Laura would've been scared by Levis?

And, MT, when you're branded, A, you stay a branded (sing, "When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way.")

How would Barn know how to use a tape recorder...I mean, I'm sure David or Roger would teach him, but, considering he's NO 20th Century Dox(ie), they would've been nosing around.

Patti

hoping someone catches the 'Scarlet Letter reference...
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:57:41 AM »
blue Skys, nothing above but blue Skys

cantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwait

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 10:41:13 AM »
I hope you can see clearly tomorrow, Patti...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
Chris has taken his troubles to Julia. In the drawing room at Collinwood, they are looking over an old photo album. Julia tells him that strangely enough, there are no pictures of Quentin, but she doesn’t know why. She shows him pictures of the women who lived at Collinwood in 1897. He doesn’t recognize Beth from the photo--although he should, because she pointed out Quentin and Jenny’s son’s grave to him in the woods long ago, before Barnabas traveled back in time to 1897. He does recognize Jenny. In her photo she looks quite beautiful and quite sane, wearing her beautiful gown and with her hair piled up neatly. Julia tells Chris, Jenny was married to Quentin Collins. It’s time you found out that Jenny was your great-grandmother. Then I’m actually a Collins! Chris exclaims in amazement. Julia tells him the story of Quentin and Jenny’s two children, Jenny’s madness after Quentin abandoned her, and Edward’s locking her up in the tower room and sending the two children to live with a Mrs. Fillmore. Fillmore was my grandmother Lenore’s name, Chris says, confirming the story. (Was that Lenore’s adopted maiden name, or did she also marry a Fillmore, perhaps a foster brother? We will never know, but in any case it didn’t save her unfortunate grandson. She must have borne a daughter, who became Tom, Chris, and Amy’s mother.) Julia reminds him that Jenny said Chris had to find Quentin. Why should he be able to help? Chris wonders. Julia explains that the curse started with Quentin and passed to the oldest son of each generation. So Chris has an explanation of how he became a werewolf, if not a cure.

Long ago, Joe Haskell mentioned that Tom Jennings was also a cousin of his, but that seems to have been dropped.

The writers force a very smart character to do at least two very stupid things to keep the plot going: Julia wants to conduct a séance to contact Quentin (who she _knows_ isn’t dead), and she wants David to be in on it (when she _knows_ how Quentin’s ghost tormented him). She tells David that Chris desperately needs their help. Chris makes a personal appeal, and David unhappily agrees to participate. Julia thanks him and goes to get what they will need. (But since storms knock out the electricity so frequently, wouldn’t candles be stored permanently in the drawing room?)

Paul's hotel room looks a lot like Joe's room at the boarding house on Water Street. With all those colors, the mark on Paul's wrist looks more like a tattoo to me. But in any case he's a marked man.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:26:35 AM »
Marie Wallace's freakout is amazing!  I recommend her AICP ad (see ShadowGram #348), btw; it's hilarious.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »
Once I saw that my screen capturing software had gotten this from this ep, I knew I had to post it:

And, of course, it's also on the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - Leviathans" and "Caption This! - Leviathans" boards for everyone to have fun with.  [snow_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:38:51 PM »
Good one, MB! Although I do think that's one of Julia's most flattering ensembles.