Author Topic: Out of curiosity  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: Out of curiosity
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »
Oh you big tease! ;D

Nancy

But discussing anything now would be premature.  ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »
Well, I love to tease, if you know what I mean.  [wink2]  But I always follow through.  ;D  And I find teasing makes things ultimately that much more satisfying in the, uh, end.  ^-^

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 11:23:49 PM »
Holy shit...I mean, sweet goddess!  I'm right behind Midnite in most time spent here. I'm smack dab sandwiched between two evil women in the list so far...very nice.  >:D
I haven't had the time or energy to post much lately, but I check the site everyday. I have it set up that I'm always logged in when I visit here, which might account for the minutes ticking by...that and the wonderful world of tabbed browsing.  ;D And I don't know about anyone else, but dealing with a disorder that has ADD and OCD aspects sometimes has its negatives and positives - especially if one is trying to do a million things at the same time and keep sane. I find the Forum/DSBoards and the JuliaList to be nice respite/escape from a more insane and hectic world...
Anyhoo, just reading the posts here takes a while, for me, and if I have a moment to actually respond and utilize the wonderful preview feature well...time just adds up. ;)

p.s. As I struggle through another web class, I bow to your greatness MB... and your teasing leaves me very intrigued.  ^-^
Belated welcome back Dom - I missed your posts and have adored your witty avatars lately  :-*
Hugs to the mods and those who help behind the scenes... xo

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »
I have it set up that I'm always logged in when I visit here, which might account for the minutes ticking by...that and the wonderful world of tabbed browsing.

Well, no on both counts.  :)  Having "always stay logged in" doesn't add time to a member's time spent online stat because the stat only measures the time actually spent active on the forum. And once one switches tabs in a browser, it's just like you've left the first site for the next. The first site doesn't consider you as being there again until you open its tab again.  ;)

People need to face up to the simple fact that their time spent online stats haven't been padded just because they leave their browsers open to the forum or they have "always stay logged in" activated. Yes, you really have been active on the forum for that period of time. Accept it and embrace it.  ;)  But as I've said, none of us spend as much time here as I've noticed very many others spend on other forums, so don't think the time you've spent here is any indication whatsoever that you don't have a life apart from the forum.  :D  Well, at least in comparison to those other people.  ;D

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »
Having "always stay logged in" doesn't add time to a member's time spent online stat because the stat only measures the time actually spent active on the forum. And once one switches tabs in a browser, it's just like you've left the first site for the next. The first site doesn't consider you as being there again until you open its tab again.  ;)

I know that. Let me clarify - I just meant that it's easier to pop in for a visit and glance at the posts and my PM's and whatnot when I'm always logged in, and hence the minutes add up when I actively browse around. And sometimes I jump from one tab to the next, for example when I'm doing research for work and assignments and checking out this site on the same day...

People need to face up to the simple fact that their time spent online stats haven't been padded just because they leave their browsers open to the forum or they have "always stay logged in" activated. Yes, you really have been active on the forum for that period of time. Accept it and embrace it.  ;)

I have. I'm not arguing that fact or blaming anyone at all...

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:05 AM »
People need to face up to the simple fact that their time spent online stats haven't been padded just because they leave their browsers open to the forum or they have "always stay logged in" activated. Yes, you really have been active on the forum for that period of time. Accept it and embrace it.  ;)

I have. I'm not arguing that fact or blaming anyone at all...

Oh, I totally know you weren't. I was simply trying to get people to face the truth and also trying to throw in a little levity while I was at it. Hence the numerous winking and laughing smileys. ;)  Sorry if it didn't come across that way.  :-[

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 03:02:40 AM »
Belated welcome back Dom - I missed your posts and have adored your witty avatars lately  :-*

How sweet of you to say so, Heather. :)  Thanks!  :D

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
I'm at about five and a half  days. I just love this board because we get to discuss so many fun and intriguing things about Ds, so time seems to go by pretty fast when I'm here! It's an awesome board with lots of great people!!  :) 8)
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 04:58:14 AM »
For me, at this moment, it's 4 days, 22 hours and 13 minutes.  I just noticed that it says the same total time logged in until I "refresh" the page.  Then it changes to a new time.  As I am posting this, I have another window open and have refreshed the page in the other window to find out the current total time logged in.  [bigok]

A couple of months ago, I finished watching the ENTIRE series for the first time.  (By watching videos and DVD's that I purchased.)  I started watching Episode 1 just after DS went off the air on Sci-Fi.  I was watching sporatically - some days would be marathons when I would watch several episodes at a time.   [shkdg]

I am now keeping up (pretty much) with the "Watching Project" and watching the early Barnabas episodes now.  That's an average of only one episode a day.  But sometimes I watch more than one episode in a day to get caught up.  At first, I thought one episode a  day sounded like a small amount, but sometimes I don't have time to watch even that one episode! [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]