Author Topic: Semi OT - Haddaway's "What Is Love?" Video  (Read 996 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Semi OT - Haddaway's "What Is Love?" Video
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:33:10 PM »
The endlessly repeated showings of the latest Diet Pepsi Max commercial featuring Haddaway's "What Is Love?" (which I loved back in the '90s, but which I may never want to hear again after that commercial plays thousands of times [cryb]) has me thinking back to Haddaway's video for it (as opposed the hysterical version that featured scenes from and send ups of the movie A Night at the Roxbury). I recall that it featured Haddaway being stalked by a female vampire and was shot in an actual mansion - but what I'm wondering is if that mansion was Greystone? I haven't seen the video in years and I don't recall enough of it to remember the details. Truthfully, it might be that I'm confusing it with Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For You (But I Won't Do That)" video, which I definitely remember was in part shot in as well as on the grounds of Greystone, and which featured a sort of beauty and the beast/Dracula's brides horror theme.

Does anyone recall the Haddaway video better?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Semi OT - Haddaway's "What Is Love?" Video
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »
Does anyone recall the Haddaway video better?

Well, here it is, but unfortunately it's not Greystone:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo

I'm sure you've seen the video for Elton John's "I Want Love" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_u6l7EsQMc), where Robert Downey Jr. basically takes you on a tour of the first floor in a single take, starting at the faux entrance to the "Old House" as the camera descends the staircase, and ending in the living room (also seen in Indecent Proposal and dressed as Daniel Day-Lewis' office in There Will Be Blood) that contains the fireplace that's familiar to DS fans.

But I'm not fond of Greystone or anything.   [snow_silly]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi OT - Haddaway's "What Is Love?" Video
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:33:44 AM »
Well, here it is, but unfortunately it's not Greystone

OK, then I definitely got it confused with the Meatloaf video. Both songs came out in '93 and both have a supernaturally themed video, so I guess that's how they got muddled in my mind.

Ah, youtube - I should have thought to look there - it's a goldmine for music videos. And for those who don't remember Meatloaf's video or perhaps have never even seen it, here's a link to it on youtube: Meat Loaf - I would do anything for love

I'm sure you've seen the video for Elton John's "I Want Love" ((URL)), where Robert Downey Jr. basically takes you on a tour of the first floor in a single take, starting at the faux entrance to the "Old House" as the camera descends the staircase, and ending in the living room (also seen in Indecent Proposal and dressed as Daniel Day-Lewis' office in There Will Be Blood) that contains the fireplace that's familiar to DS fans.

Yes, that one has a great tour of Greystone. Though I do wish that they would have gone into the room opposite the living room. I've suspected that room may have been used as Julia's lab in the '91 series, but I haven't proven that theory yet. The room they used is definitely on that level and on that side because Julia's office had the small, high to the ceiling windows that are featured on that side.

But I'm not fond of Greystone or anything.   [snow_silly]

Not that either of us are.  [snow_laugh]