Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0832  (Read 1264 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0832
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:48:34 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0832
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
Quentin does not change and he makes Trask the fool.  Petofi reveals to Quentin there will be a price to pay.  Apparently Quentin's attractions are more alluring to Amanda than the prior disgust she felt for Trask.   Now there are Beth, Angelique, Charity and Amanda all vying for Quentin.   Yeah! I'n finally caught up, but just in time for my cousins to arrive for two weeks and surely put me behind again.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:23:36 AM »
I am glad that Quentin was cured and Trask was foiled. Of course Quentin will be obliged to pay a price for Petofi...Petofi does NOT do anything out of the goodness of his heart, that's for sure.

I wonder if Quentin has ever had so many women vying for his affections before...

Quentin's good looks won over Trask's disgusting attentions for Amanda. Lucky for Tim...for now. Her growing feelings for Quentin, however, are [spoiler] going to screw up the plans of the greedy Mr. Shaw to snatch the Collins fortune. [/spoiler]

However, I still don't like Quentin and Amanda together.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Quentin didn't change into the werewolf!
2. Trask buried his "confession" about Minerva.
3. Amanda continued Tim's plot against Trask - she agreed to stay at Collinwood - only after she saw Quentin.
4. Quentin and Amanda met again and were instantly smitten with each other. [ghost_tongue]
5. Count Petofi said there would be a price for his helping Quentin. Since he wanted Quentin to be surprised by the portrait, Count Petofi refused to tell him what he did.
6. Quentin went into his room and saw his portrait. It had changed into the werewolf! [Wolfie]

It was wonderful to see Quentin being so gleeful and happy when he did not change into the werewolf! He was smiling and laughing and had a new lease on life. [ghost_cheesy]

I hate the pairing of Quentin and Amanda. [ghost_mad] Quentin and Beth deserved to be together. Poor Beth would get her heart broken. [cryg]

My favorite music was on at the end! I love it! So exciting! And there was an echo and DCP at the end again. Great! [cheer] I loved it when Quentin covered his face when he saw the portrait. He couldn't stand to see it! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
Trask, setting out to get rid of the confession, digs less then an inch and then thinks to himself, "This should be deep enough."  What would he do if he ever had to dig a grave?

Tim appears to have decided that he can pull off his revenge on Trask without the help of the hand.  And Amanda is still reluctant, but goes along.  I wish Donna McKechnie were a better actress; then she could make Amanda's hesitations and her talk of wanting something other than money and then her decision to go along with Tim anyway more believable.  As it is, I'm left filling in the gaps.  And then we get to Quentin and Amanda displaying their attraction to each other, and at this point all I can think is: they're both fools.  Quentin has promised to marry Angelique, and he knows it's dangerous to cross her.  Amanda surely knows Quentin's reputation, and that he's unlikely to give her what she claims to want.  And I don't, so far, see any indication that either of them is feeling anything more than lust.

I keep having this problem with Petofi stating there will be a price for removing the werewolf curse from Quentin.  I know that when Quentin was a werewolf, he would have agreed to anything at all in return for freedom from the curse - but it still bugs me.  Even Angelique stated her terms to Quentin before she set about helping him - although I daresay that was only because she knew she couldn't force Quentin to marry her, so she had to get his prior consent.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 04:33:32 PM »
We get our first look at Amanda (the 3-D version) wearing the hideous pink CD Tate original.  And instinctively, she knew to pin the jeweled brooch exactly where he painted it.

Now there are Beth, Angelique, Charity and Amanda all vying for Quentin.
An early version of Psychos for Selby, ha!  [hall2_wink]

I don't, so far, see any indication that either of them is feeling anything more than lust.
Same here.  Their attraction seems purely superficial at this point.

I keep having this problem with Petofi stating there will be a price for removing the werewolf curse from Quentin.  I know that when Quentin was a werewolf, he would have agreed to anything at all in return for freedom from the curse - but it still bugs me.  Even Angelique stated her terms to Quentin before she set about helping him - although I daresay that was only because she knew she couldn't force Quentin to marry her, so she had to get his prior consent.
And here I was thinking that what Petofi said constituted a nice bit of continuity.  This is part of a scene from #801/2 in which Petofi tells Quentin that there would be a price for helping him; Petofi alluded to it in the current ep when he told Quentin, "You begged for help (and I gave it to you)":

Quentin shakes the latter opener threateningly at Petofi, demanding the cure. Don't anger him, begs Magda. Petofi asks her, should I hypnotize Quentin?--or paralyze him completely, leave him here, and when the moon comes out--would you like that, gypsy? Magda begs Q, let him go! For once, you are right, says Petofi, slamming his hand down on Quentin's wrist, making him drop the weapon. Nursing his injured wrist, Quentin asks, in a heartbreaking voice, "Why won't you help me? If you know what it's like, why won't you?" To get something, you must pay the price, says Petofi--a little bargaining, perhaps. I'm willing to bargain, says Quentin. You're only willing to cringe, says Petofi, to make inept excuses--you must learn--I paid my price (he holds up his false hand) you must pay yours!

Was that fair warning?  I think so.  Though of course "bargaining" implies cooperation, but we know that Petofi doesn't play well with others.  So his statement that there's going to be a "bill" for payment due shouldn't have been news to Quentin.  And I'm kinda thinking it woudn't qualify as a miilestone, but that's me.