Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1031  (Read 747 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1031
« on: January 21, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Robservations #1031

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1031

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:00:58 AM »
Grayson VO.  Tim's incantation was nicely read.  Tim's hanging out at Hannah's place, complete with cockatoo and pug statue.  So where was Tim before this, did he live there all along?  Barnabas is back in RT!  End.  By Joe Caldwell.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »
For the first time, we see the body hidden under the sheet at Tim's/Hannah's house. Tim tells Angelique that she really should be grateful to him for providing her with a life force, but like all Angeliques everywhere, she hates having to depend on anyone else.

At Collinwood, Quentin (wearing the horrible orange plaid jacket) has allowed Barnabas to read Maggie’s letter. I’m far from convinced that she wrote it voluntarily, Barnabas opines. Quentin on the other hand is sure that she left the house of her own free will--didn’t Barnabas himself see her leave? Are any of the [probably dozens of] cars missing? Barnabas counters. Quentin replies, This letter was mailed at Collinsport so she must have got there!... (looks to cue card for help) ... which means ... (reading) ... (softly, realizing he blew it) she did get there somehow and I don't think she walked to town, do you? The fact is she got there (oh, what the hell), so she must have some way of getting there (smiling). Barn wonders if Someone has been tormenting Maggie since she got to Collinwood. "Alexis" walks in and turns on the waterworks, accusing Barn of hating and persecuting her. After Quentin leaves, Barn tells her that he'll find Maggie and destroy her (A.).

Julia opens the door in the East Wing just in time to hear Angelique tell Hoffman about how she plans to destroy Barnabas. Julia is quite upset.

Back in Parallel Time, Stokes is in the drawing room, admiring Collinwood rather too fulsomely for Quentin’s taste and recalling how seldom Angelique let him visit her there. Quentin warns him that “Alexis” may not be too happy to see him, but Stokes insists she’s his daughter too. “Alexis” arrives a moment later and gives him a very sarcastic hello, quite annoyed that he’s come. The moment Quentin leaves (which he does speedily), Stokes helps himself to brandy and tells her, Now we’re alone, you can stop pretending to be angry with me. I’m not pretending, she retorts. She didn’t like him coming to Collinwood when she was alive and the mistress of the house, and being dead and a houseguest hasn’t changed her mind one bit. Stokes realizes, The grand lady of Collinwood doesn’t want her rather seedy father around. Angelique’s silence acknowledges that’s the truth. Stokes makes it plain that since she's going to be the Mistress of Collinwood again soon, he plans to get used to Collinwood again. He proceeds to get drunk, but not too drunk to plan on teaching Angelique a lesson.

Barn annoys Quentin further when he announces that he's going to keep searching for Maggie.

Back in the secret room at his (rather seedy) place, Stokes tells his absent daughter/stepdaughter/whatever, Now we will see who is in control. He steps over to a burning candle on the opposite side of the body and holds both of his hands in the air around the candle. He intones, In this moment tonight, I unite my will with your will and my life force with your life force. Together we must gather strength and power. We must try to recall what has gone. We must try to summon up that force of being which is rightfully yours--the two of us together.

Quentin is talking with "Alexis" when she feels a sudden chill and has to dash out for some "fresh air."

The spell must have been very quick, because the next moment, Tim is calmly playing chess when Ange storms in. I had to teach you a lesson, he says, unperturbed. Reluctantly she says the hated words: You win. Definitely drunk by now, her father is quite tickled to hear it: I’ve been a loser all my life, he says, and now at last I’ve won. He moves another chess piece.

Later, Quentin is in the foyer with a letter and shouts in the general direction of the servant’s quarters that Hoffman should see that it’s mailed immediately. He tells himself, After all, I’m only doing what Maggie wants in telling her that I’m not going to try to get her to come back again, so I must be doing the right thing. (How does he know where to send it? Perhaps Yaeger sent Maggie’s letter with a post office box for a return address.)

Barnabas goes to Angelique’s old room in parallel time, but they forgot to fix the scenery in the hallway, so it looks like it does in our time--unlived in, dusty, and with pictures hanging crookedly. Barnabas enters the room, searching for anything that would help him find Maggie and/or destroy Angelique. Using a nail file, he makes quick work of a locked drawer (who knew he had these skills?) and finds Angelique’s diary. He reads aloud: “He says he knows a way to circumvent death; I wonder if I can believe him.” Circumvent death? Who is _he_? Barnabas wonders, sure he has discovered-- something. Not wanting to be disturbed while he continues reading, he locks the door. But when he straightens up, he finds himself in his own time band, in the deserted East Wing. A moment later, the door opens, and Julia enters. Barnabas! she exclaims, overjoyed that he’s back and safe. But instead of running to greet his dear friend, he is dismayed: I’m back in my own time, and in that other time, Maggie is in great danger. How can I help her, Julia? How?….

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:08:05 AM »
Dr. Hoffman manages to overhear Angelique plotting with Hoffman to destroy Barnabas. Not that they have any idea of what they're up against or how to go about it. RT Angelique would have resorted to mumbo jumbo (or the ever popular magic mirror) to find out what Barnabas really is but PT Angelique can only think of sending Hoffman to spy on him.
The entry in Angelique's diary raises some questions. Angelique certainly wasn't planning on being murdered at such a young age, so why would she and her estranged daddy be looking to circumvent death?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »
RT Angelique has always been afraid of dying, so maybe PT Angelique is too. But in PT, dear old dad/stepdad/whatever has figured out how to grant her immortality--of a sort, anyway.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:19 AM »
So,we learn why A gets her cold spells. It is the life force trying to be recalled to life. 
The real Julia!  And she has a longer hair style. Is it wig or is it real?  A Bangor mention after a long time and Q is going. A wants to tag along probably to try and cement their bond. Barnabas flips back to real time sees Julia and its all about Maggie as usual. Barn has to get back to save her.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:04:27 PM »
Angelique certainly wasn't planning on being murdered at such a young age, so why would she and her estranged daddy be looking to circumvent death?

Good question, that never occurred to me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor