Author Topic: Collinsport, A Town In Uproar!  (Read 1231 times)

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Collinsport, A Town In Uproar!
« on: May 15, 2002, 07:00:41 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

The seemingly all-too-abrupt release of Willie Loomis from Windcliff today bothered me somewhat.  Sure, I was delighted to see the return of Barnabas' partner-in-crime, but something just did not seem right.

Wouldn't the residents of Collinsport be rather upset about Willie's return to town?  I'm sure that Liz and Roger would be none-too-pleased about their cousin's decision to bring Willie back to the grounds of Collinwood.  And, Sam Evans, Joe Haskell, and especially, Maggie Evans would be screaming bloody murder to everyone in town!

No doubt, Sheriff Paterson would be burning rubber out to the Old House to read the riot act to Barnabas.  I'm sure the mayor of Collinsport (a man or woman, who we unfortunately never got to see) would utilize any means to prevent Willie's return to Collinsport.

I realize that Barnabas told Joe that Willie's release was perfectly legal, but I just don't buy it.  As much as I admire the estimable Dr. Hoffman, I don't believe that she could arbitrarily order Willie's release from Windcliff.  Perhaps our friend and legal expert, Ben, would care to explain the complicated legal and procedural steps needed to release an apparent sociopath (like ol' Willie) from an institution.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender. Collinsport's amicus curiae

PS I think the Julia looked smashing in her stylish black suit dress today.  (It's probalbly an Evan Picone creation.)  And, did you catch Dr. Lang, arms flailing about wildly, during his dream curse?  He looked like the great Joe Cocker performing the song "The Letter" on Saturday Night Live!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Collinsport, A Town In Uproar!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 07:33:58 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

The seemingly all-too-abrupt release of Willie Loomis from Windcliff today bothered me somewhat.  Sure, I was delighted to see the return of Barnabas' partner-in-crime, but something just did not seem right.

All I can think of Bob is that Collins money talks - especially anywhere in or around Collinsport.  As to Liz and Roger - I can see Barnabas being able to convince Liz that he should give Willie a chance to rehabilitate and, of course, Roger is currently too "spell-bound" by his new wife to really notice much else.  I'm also glad to see old Willie is back though - however they managed it!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 07:56:19 PM »
Where is Roger?  Is he still knocked out from that potion?  Must be some powerful stuff.

Great analogy Bob between our beloved Dr. and Joe Cocker.  Though I have to believe that Joe Cocker is a better actor.

So much for the Dr. not sleeping until the experiment is over!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 07:58:29 PM »
Bob-the-Bartender said: "Perhaps our friend and legal expert, Ben, would care to explain the complicated legal and procedural steps needed to release an apparent sociopath (like ol' Willie) from an institution."

Good God, Bob........you and I both know a mob mouth-piece could have managed the same trick in less time than it took for Barnabas to sweet-talk the good doctor into driving up to Wyndcliff in the first place!!  We just won't mention anybody by name!!!!  [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 09:26:41 PM »
I always found this hard to believe too Bob
it wasn't that long ago that he was accused
of stalking, kidnapping and terrorizing maggie
but then again he never had a hearing or trial just carted away to Wyndcliff on Julia's say!
Must be small town rules LOL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2002, 09:54:45 PM »

Of all places, Willie goes to Maggie Evans cottage! He really gets the crazy award for that one. Where did that rifle he had later on come from, or was that a toy? Today's Dream Curse was a good one with Dr. Lang and Julia. I remember Joe Cocker too, had some of his albums in the 70's. Who could forget the songs, "High Time We Went" and "St. James Infirmary"? I didn't know Joe Cocker acted though. I recently saw Bob Dylan in a movie, didn't know he acted either. There's some serious gaps in my childhood memories, but I remember a few things here and there. 8)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dear RaineyPark,GeeRe: Collinsport, A Town In Uproar!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2002, 01:02:16 AM »
Dear RaineyPark,

Gee, do you think that the "Dapper Don's" flamboyant mouth-piece could have been practicing law back in 1968?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who knows full well the meaning of the expression, "omerta."

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2002, 05:55:37 AM »
I don't know, Bob.....he might have just graduated law school about then, no?

And he might have had hair! [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2002, 06:11:45 AM »
I'll admit some legal steps were seemingly avoided,  but Willie was obviously insane when they put him in. And in the sixties-seventies, it was not unusual for someone to be pronounced not guilty by reason of insanity. Then when they are "sane" again, let go. You could see the backlash from that in the Yates verdict.

Didn't the sheriff profess to doubts that Willie was the person? I know not everyone was convinced. It seems like Barney does take some flak consistently over Willie being back, but probably not as much as he would in real life. The real life that a recovering vampire could have.....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2002, 06:13:26 AM »
Dear RaineyPark,

I once saw that "formerly hirsute" officer of the court walking along Vesey Street, apparently headed to the NY County Bar Association Law Library there.  I was hoping to see him come out accompanied by Owen Marshall and Petrocelli, but no luck!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who wonders if Evan Hanley aced out on the LSAT when he took the exam back in 1872?