Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1162  (Read 711 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1162
« on: March 01, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1162
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »
I don't know why Trask assumes that Quentin killed Mildred Ward by witchcraft.  She was right there in Quentin's cell!  He didn't need to use any remote control voodoo doll; all he had to do was put his hands around her neck!

And then Judah/Gerard tells Trask there's no possibility that Daniel died by witchcraft.  I understand why Judah/Gerard said that, but why did Trask accept it?  Couldn't somebody have stuck pins in a doll to cause Daniel's heart to go?  And anyway, unless an autopsy is done, how can they be sure that the cause of death was a heart attack?

Thinking about these two deaths naturally made me think about Randall Drew's death as well.  What's Jim Ward going to do about it?  He arrested Quentin for it, and now the judge has determined that the case is too weak.  Is Jim - poor, bereaved, Jim, and I hope his second wife is nicer than his first - going to re-open his investigation?  (If you could call what he did before this an investigation.)  Or will the townspeople believe forever that Quentin did the murder but they couldn't pin it on him?

Meanwhile, Addison Powell's back.  I know he died fairly recently (and, oddly enough, nobody thinks Quentin had anything to do with his death) but although he seems to have been a nice guy, but I wish someone had given him a mouth transplant at a very young age.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
The funniest part is that all the time, when Trask catches Quentin kneeling over Mildred's body, the cell door is open and Quentin apparently doesn't even think of escaping! Later on, we get yet another handsome shadow profile of him.

The wedding scene--all those candles, all that white satin and lace--is sooo romantic. Too bad Daphne is marrying the wrong guy.

I thought it was very touching when Desmond kissed Daphne's hand. Aw......

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
I'm absolutely sure that Q1 thought about escaping when the cell door was open.  It just isn't wise, if you have the slightest hope of being found innocent.   ***  Sounds like few have ever heard of the 1795 witchcraft trial.   Judge Wile E. seems to get his job satisfaction by yanking defendants' chains.   He didn't even say "I've got some good news, and some bad news."   He also enjoys yelling.  
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor