Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0817  (Read 1077 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0817
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »
Robservations #817

And remember:
Wednesday, July 8: No Episode, originally Wednesday, August 13, 1969 was the Apollo 11 astronaut reception in Chicago

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0817
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 02:28:05 AM »
We see the chained coffin in the lair again.  Quentin who usually plays things close to the vest, spills the beans to Petofi that David knows him in the  future.  I wonder how Jamison can be possessed by a grandson who isn't born yet and isn't dead either?   I can't help notice  Barnabas is imprisoned in a room  made up from the set of room he imprisoned Maggie Evans in at the Old House. 
We learn that Beth killed herself from David.  A interesting plot twist. 
I thought that the lighting on Barnabas in the coffin was really cool and spooky.  I also thought Beth made an excellent looking vampire.  What if she had made  Quentin a vampire?  Would he still change to a werewolf on a full moon?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »
I also thought Beth made an excellent looking vampire.  What if she had made  Quentin a vampire?  Would he still change to a werewolf on a full moon?
That's a good question! I wonder... Is it more desirable to be a vampire or a werewolf? [ghost_huh]

Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. This was the first time that Barnabas carried an entire conversation from inside a coffin.
2. Beth learned that David knew her, and she was dead.
3. Two people tried to free Barnabas and were unsuccessful.

It was weird to see Barnabas and Quentin talking when Barnabas was stuck in the coffin. It looked rather tight in there. Poor Barnabas! [cryg]

Once it was reattached, the hand looked different in every episode. This time, it looked like an old man's hand. I wonder why Count Petofi continued to wear a glove on his left hand? I think it's rather strange.  [ghost_wacko]

Poor Beth! First she heard from David that she committed suicide, and then she saw Count Petofi's vision that said she would die in a different way - as a vampire. Pretty scary stuff! [ghost_shocked]

Count Petofi was very powerful. It was frustrating when Quentin tried to hear Barnabas's plan, and Count Petofi made it so Barnabas couldn't be understood.  [ghost_angry] Beth was no match, either. Things weren't looking good for Barnabas. But at least it was pretty certain that Count Petofi wouldn't kill him, just keep him captive. [whew] Shades of when Joshua did the same thing. This must have been torture for Barnabas. [ghost_sad]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:22:45 AM »
I chuckled when I heard Quentin utter the phrase "back to the future" to Petofi.  Of course, it meant nothing at the time, but it sure sounds funny now - kind of how the name Clint Eastwood meant nothing to the cowboys at the bar in "BTTF III."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »
Bored now.

If Frid had to be flat on his back for an entire episode, at least he got to do it dressed in a really nice pin-striped 3-piece blue suit.

Petofi caused Jamison to be possessed by the spirit of someone who hadn't been born yet, projected phony images of Beth's death, and was able to control Quentin's senses from a room away, but he used his gut to (incorrectly) determine that Barnabas was lying?

And we know the hand can sever the connection between vampire and victim because we saw it release Charity from Barnabas' thrall, so why didn't Petofi just cure Beth instead of using the magic cupboard ( [rleyeb] ) and hoping she'd be rattled enough by what she had seen to choose to reject Barnabas?

Quentin who usually plays things close to the vest, spills the beans to Petofi that David knows him in the  future.

But Petofi noticed on his own that "David" was calling out for Quentin.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
What Quentin did not spill the beans to Petofi about was that David Collins believed that Quentin was dead.  I imagine that Quentin felt it was immaterial, but Petofi, with his interest in going to the future, would be assuming that David saw Quentin alive, and wondering how Quentin made it to 1969 still looking young.

When Barnabas told Quentin that he didn't know how to get back to the future, I felt that we were watching The Wizard of Oz, when he left Oz without Dorothy.  "I can't go back! I don't know how it works!"

Is that cabinet TV a one-trick pony?  All it ever purports to show is people's death.  As for why Petofi showed Beth the vampire-induced death - maybe he did it just to throw dust in people's eyes, and make Beth, Barnabas, and Quentin believe that it was by Beth's own choice that she was freed from the vampire's thrall.  I hope word gets to Trask about it; I'm sure he'd like to know that victimization by vampire is a choice.  By the way, as EmeraldRose noted, Beth has been told that she would die by suicide and that she would die by vampire bite - but we've also seen Quentin seeing a pentagram over her face.  But that's life at Collinwood: you've got your choice of nasty deaths.