Author Topic: Smiley Codes  (Read 781 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Smiley Codes
« on: February 23, 2004, 05:21:05 AM »
When I was having the problem getting the additional smileys in Netscape, I copied the codes for a few of the ones I thought I'd want to use into WordPerfect, so I can get to them easily if I want them.

The other night I wanted to use "my musicians" but I found that the code for that and the flowers don't "translate" - but the code for the one musician does.

I'll insert all three here - presumably the one will become the picture and the others will just show up as the code.

[6283]
one musician

[92c5]
Flowers

[82e4]
musicians
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Smiley Codes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 05:47:22 AM »
The first one still works because it's all numbers (6283). But our new host is reading the letters in the smiley codes as lowercase. So, to get the other two to display, you have to type:

[92c5]      [82e4]
  92c5            82e4

One of these days I'll have to write up a PHP script to convert all those uppercase letters in the codes in previous posts to lowercase so that they'll display correctly...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Smiley Codes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 08:51:44 AM »
[92c5]
Flowers

[82e4]
musicians

I had to give it a try - thank you!

P.S.  I mentioned once before that sometimes the figures don't move.  Right now, my one musician is playing, but all the things on both yours and mine are still (at least before I posted this - it's possible they'll be moving once I've posted this addition!).

P.P.S.  I knew it!  They're all moving now!!
Josette