Author Topic: The fate of Roxanne in 1970 PT  (Read 1001 times)

IluvBarnabas

The fate of Roxanne in 1970 PT
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:44:43 AM »
Any ideas about what happened to her after [spoiler]Barnabas and Julia vanished and were transported to 1995? Does anyone think she survived the fire?[/spoiler]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The fate of Roxanne in 1970 PT
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 05:52:38 AM »
We pretty much know that she [spoiler]did because in Ep #1071 Quentin remarks about having seen the PT room change and a young girl wandering around the room calling Barnabas. Could it have been Maggie? Perhaps. But chances are Quentin would have said he saw PT's Maggie calling Barnabas. And Maggie might have also been calling Julia, which Roxanne wouldn't necessarily have been doing since she barely knew her. So it seems much more likely Quentin saw Roxanne.[/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:57:10 AM »
Well if that's true, then I wonder [spoiler]why she didn't stay in the room and wait for it to change so she could join Barnabas back in RT?

Could it be perhaps she did try but the hole in time from PT to RT was destroyed by the fire?[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »
Well if that's true, then I wonder [spoiler]why she didn't stay in the room and wait for it to change so she could join Barnabas back in RT?[/spoiler]

That's an excellent question.  ;)

[spoiler]Could it be perhaps she did try but the hole in time from PT to RT was destroyed by the fire?[/spoiler]

But that could very well be the explanation. Perhaps the change in the room simply became one way (from RT to PT), or perhaps people could view the other time from their vantage point in their time but they could no longer cross into it. And presumably Barnabas [spoiler]assumed that Roxanne had died in the fire. Quentin never mentioned seeing the young girl in front of Barnabas.[/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:23:09 AM »
He didn't want to get on Julia's bad side. She knew where the portrait was.  ;)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »
That would definitely explain it, loril54.  :D

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »
I am dying here.  Thanks for the larf, lori!  I needed it!

cheers, G.

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 04:18:12 AM »
I used to wonder what would have happened if Barnabas had somehow been able to return to PT 1970s in a future storyline and discovered that:

[spoiler]Roxanne had indeed survived the fire and was still in love with him, but alas, was badly burned and scarred.  How to handle such a drastic change in one of his former SYTs?  Getting Julia to fix her face (oh yes, THAT would have gone over really well)?  Or try to fix Roxanne up with a mate who wouldn't be so put off by a few scars (bringing back Adam might have been something to consider)?[/spoiler]
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:46:29 AM »
I think Barnabas pretty much got over Roxanne after [spoiler]she was destroyed as a vamp in 1840 RT and decided that Angelique was really the only woman he ever really loved (sorry B&A fans but I still can't stop snickering over this!).[/spoiler]