Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0871  (Read 784 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0871
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:51 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0871
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 03:06:32 AM »
"Nothing will keep us apart." Barnabas declares and then lightening and Kitty runs off  making him realize that Kitty is an obstacle.
Much like Maggie Evans was, but in this case Kitty is Josette.  It would have been interesting if it was revealed that Kitty was the grandmother of Maggie Evans. 
The plan is revealed about the two Barnabas'  This was the first time I'd ever heard about a doppelganger and it's stuck in my mind.
Tate is on again and acting idiotic.  He find the way to the future for Quentin who apparently is living at Collinwood from the way they are presenting the story. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
What a setup.  Barnabas is canoodling with Josette whenever she can catch a moment or two in Kitty's body, whereas Angelique has no interest in canoodling with Quentin, her declared fiancé, now that Quentin has relocated into a less canoodleworthy body than his original one.  Sometime or other Angelique is going to learn about the goings-on between Barnabas and his current canoodling partner, and it seems safe to assume that she'll rake him over the coals about it, and quite rightly, too, because even though it's none of her personal business, she went to great trouble to make a doppelganger for him and to give him his devampirification injections, and now he's ready to risk it all on a pretty face.  I was thinking, as Barnabas and Angelique stood there so buddy-buddy in the Old Rectory, that it wasn't very wise of him to put himself in her debt.  But when does Barnabas act wisely?

I can never understand why Angelique was so triumphant about creating Barnabas's doppelganger.  She created one of herself, so she knew already knew she could do it.  Oh, well, maybe it's harder when the original is not yourself.

Tate must want the artistic talent back very badly, if he's willing to let Petofi put his fingers on his head.  It looked pretty creepy to me.  Not to mention that the fingers were getting awfully close to the precious hair.  But maybe Tate liked it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
Never before have I witnessed canoodling referred to with such frequency.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:24:16 AM »
Well, now that Barnabas is cured, I'm not so sure as Lydia is that Angelique would kick up much of a fuss, since their main objective was accomplished. Then again, Quentin is still stuck in Petofi's body. But to Barnabas' credit, he does keep a bit of focus on Quentin after Kitty's improptu rejection of him.

I can see why Tate didn't believe Quentin at first when he said he wasn't Petofi...but even if Tate had, what made Quentin think that he would want to help him? First of all, they aren't exactly bosom buddies, especially where Amanda Harris and Quentin's portrait were concerned. Second, the power of the hand is with Petofi in Quentin's body, so it was really more to Tate's advantage to side with Petofi rather than Quentin since he wants his ability to paint back badly.