Author Topic: Joan Bennett  (Read 2333 times)

ClaudeNorth

Re: Joan Bennett
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 04:08:40 AM »
I've always been partial to, "Doctor Hoffman has taken a sabbatical from her practice and is writing a history of our family."

Also, whenever I read the standard text from the back of an MPI DS release -- "With its alluring tales of Gothic mystery and supernatural intrigue..." -- I imagine it being read by Joan Bennett.

Her refined way of speaking is probably why I love the harshness of her reading of a certain line  ;) in SUSPIRIA.  It's quite shocking (and thrilling) to hear her tap into a such a raw tone of voice.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »
Jean-Claude, you know I *adore* that avatar!

I'm so glad that somebody has finally given Miss Fellows the RESPECT she deserves!

Agree with you 100 percent about that line of Joan's in Suspiria--that scene is the highlight of the entire film, as far as I am concerned!

cheers! G.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »
I have said once before but out of all the brilliant actresses on the show (like Nancy, Lara, and Grayson who were all great) I consider Joan the best of the bunch. From the elegant Elizabeth, to the pathetic Naomi, to snobish Judith, to flighty Flora, she really shined.

I love Joan Bennett!