Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0256  (Read 921 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0256
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:25:35 AM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0256
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
Now we have the episode "When David met Sarah." lol

Still it's cute to see David finding a friend his own age and one who doesn't throw him out of a house or tell him to scram....I think the scene with Willie the other day and on today has made David think his elders had the right idea about him after all.

Poor Maggie doesn't know what to make of the little girl....is she real or just in her mind? Of course we all know the answer to that but she doesn't.

I think the character of Sarah was playing both sides from the beginning....[spoiler]to help and protect her big brother's victims but at the same time she doesn't want to rat him out. I guess even ghosts have conflict of interests there. Of course I always wondered if she'd still be willing to protect Barnabas if he had gone through with his threats to kill Maggie, David, or even Burke.[/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
In one of the interview snippets on the DVDs, John Karlen says he would look at a day's script to see what girls were going to be in the episode.  He must have been very happy during this episode: three lovely ingenues!

I had forgotten how long it took for Maggie to get Sarah to talk to her.  At the end of Friday's episode, Sarah was singing to her doll, and at the beginning of today's episode, she was playing with her ball, so some time had passed.

What was the correct answer to Vicky's question to David about Australia?  I can't remember exactly what the question was, but I agree with David: when I think of Australia, kangaroos come pretty quickly to my mind.  And aborigines.  And shrimp on the barbie.  So what am I supposed  to think of when I think about Australia?

Good performance by David Henesy today.

My impression of Sarah (I'm responding to IluvBarnabas here) is that she is your basic brat who died young, now being pulled in several directions.

First: She was not a completely free agent.  [spoiler]I like Julia's theory that she was called into action by Barnabas's conscience.  (I can't remember exactly how Julia put it.)  It may be that when Sarah showed David the coffin in the mausoleum and so on, it was not because she herself wanted to, but because Barnabas's conscience required it.[/spoiler]
Second: She loved Barnabas and wanted to protect him.  [spoiler]She never did tell David that Barnabas was a vampire, and she didn't tell him that Barnabas murdered Jason McGuire and Dr. Woodard.[/spoiler]
Third: She had lost her way.  [spoiler]By calling her into action, Barnabas had separated her from her natural course of events after death, whatever that may have been, so she was lost, and looking for a path back to where she came from.[/spoiler]
I haven't watched these episodes in a while, so I may change my mind quite soon.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:03:20 PM »
At least the audience now knows Sarah is not just in Maggie's mind.  Maggie doesn't know that Sarah is a ghost, but I think when she says don't tell my brother about me. I wish they just would have said that her name was Sarah in the credits and not identified her as a Collins this might have kept the watchers guessing a little bit longer.

It was interesting the way that David picked up on things really quickly, like she was dressed funny and she like to play with the ball. I don't think Sarah was spoiled, I think she probobly had to fight to get caring and attension from some of her family. They all had issues. I like how Sarah said that she was lost.

Very good show for DH, he seems very comfortable and natural.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »
I liked the outdoor film of David on the swing. [cheesyg] IIRC, it was an old scene that was also shown during the Laura storyline.  I could understand Sarah saying she was lost.  [spoiler]She was dead, after all.  She naturally had a hard time remembering where she came from, since she died a long time ago.[/spoiler]
In this episode, David used the word "cool" in reference to Buzz's motorcycle.  I had forgotten that "cool" was being used then.  I have heard it and used it a lot in recent years, and I thought it was a "new" slang term.  I was wrong!  It was cool to hear him use that word during this episode! [winkg]

I agree that David Henesy did a great job.  It was nice to see him interacting with another child, for a change. [bigok]

Poor Maggie must have been frustrated when Sarah didn't answer her.  I know I would be!  [8311]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]