Author Topic: Posting Time Lag?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Posting Time Lag?
« on: June 04, 2003, 09:08:24 PM »
Is there some sort of lag time developing between when a post appears on the thread, when it appears on the Info Center and when the blue "new" indicator comes on the board?

I've been noticing for a couple of days that I'm seeing posts in one place and not in the others for some time....and things that I've already read are suddenly turning up some time later as "new"....and I'm finding things listed on the Info Center that I didn't see even though I'd just logged off the thread in question....?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Posting Time Lag?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 09:31:33 PM »
Is there some sort of lag time developing between when a post appears on the thread, when it appears on the Info Center and when the blue "new" indicator comes on the board?

I've been noticing for a couple of days that I'm seeing posts in one place and not in the others for some time....and things that I've already read are suddenly turning up some time later as "new"....and I'm finding things listed on the Info Center that I didn't see even though I'd just logged off the thread in question....?

Yes. And often it depends on how you access a post. For example, if you read a post in a given topic by clicking its listing under Recent Posts, the new post icon may still be listed in front of that board indicating the post you've just read is still new, and the "new" icon may even appear for that topic in the board's message index. However, if you actually open the topic, the post you've already read will not be listed as new.