Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0030  (Read 1454 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0030
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0030
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:22:13 AM »
The storm raging outside my bldg may just have been worse than Collinwood's, this episode...   I was hoping to welcome Thayer David as the Silhouette in the Drawing Room entryway, I had my pen poised over the notebook...  but whoever it was disappeared.   Who else, though?  Matthew I mean-- Thayer didn't need to come in.

I`'m a bit too far ahead.  I wrote, "Burke just implicated himself", but don't remember... now I do, when he took the valve out of his pocket to show the Collinses.  Does anyone ever think that Burke and David might have been in it together?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
While Vicki is alone in the drawing room, she hears strange sounds and the lights go out--but apparently not from any supernatural cause. Oh well.

Welcome to the famous car set! Its windshield wipers work perfectly--and stay perfectly dry.

David plays "Chopsticks" on the grand piano, but it helps him not at all.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
We got a couple of good long looks at the whole drawing room with nobody in it.  It was fun.  That room needs more rugs, or alternatively, a more elegant floor.  I understand that in our universe, the cameramen need the floor to be rugless and there's no point in making it a nice floor when the wheels of the camera units will ruin everything, but it still looks strange.

I didn't know the lights were out until Vicky set out to light a candle.  How many circuits does the house have?  There ought to be at least one outlet in the drawing room that's on a different circuit from the others, but maybe there is one and Vicky, new to the house, doesn't know it.

"Burke just implicated himself"
Yes, it's an interesting move, isn't it?  I guess Burke's seen and heard enough to know that he won't be railroaded into jail for this; the Collinses won't risk having the story about David coming out.  And what fun for Burke to let Roger know that he knows about David!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
Burke really should have thought this out more.  What if they just decided to blame him to protect David.  Who would they believe the richest family in town or a self avowed revenge seeking convicted felon?   
The door closes by itself and locks and then a dark shrouded figure appears that resembles in build no living person in the house.
Roger says it was probably he, but it seems doubtful.  Perhaps there is someone else living in the house, maybe in th locked west wing or the locked room in the basement? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
Welcome to the famous car set! Its windshield wipers work perfectly--and stay perfectly dry.

What??? I was waiting for the wiper motor to konk out. Seemed to me like somebody off camera was pulling them back and forth with a string or something. Hysterical!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
Seemed to me like somebody off camera was pulling them back and forth with a string or something. Hysterical!

Now I can't wait to watch it.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »
I don't think there was a string. The movement of the wipers made me think that.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:41 AM »
Oh I know, Janet.  But like you, those wipers for some reason made the scene humorous.

That said, it does look like an effort was made to pour water over the windshield at the start of it.

David plays "Chopsticks" on the grand piano
Or something.  [ghost_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »
Burke really should have thought this out more.  What if they just decided to blame him to protect David.  Who would they believe the richest family in town or a self avowed revenge seeking convicted felon?

[spoiler]Well, fortunately for Burke, Elizabeth had the integrity and morals not to let him get railroaded into prison a second time, even though she still believes he's guilt of the manslaughter charge at this time and Roger is innocent.[/spoiler]

Now if it had been up to Roger, he would have been more than happy to see Burke get sent to the slammer a second time. He definitely doesn't have the scruples or integrity that his sister has.