Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1068  (Read 555 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1068
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »
Robservations #1068

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1068

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 05:26:31 AM »
Quentin seems to be as obsessed with Daphne as Barnabas is with Roxanne. The Colin's family history is suddenly on the floor of the drawing room, but as Barnabas finds it wind blows and the pages are torn from it. Barnabas goes to see Carolyn and she later decides to talk at Collinwood. This can't be good and it isn't Carolyn falls over dead in the drawing room at the desk.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:19 AM »
Enter Daphne. It seems that she's going to be an important character but right now she's very much a mystery. She seems capable of defying Gerard, though she is ultimately subservient to him.
Beautiful scenes between Carolyn and Barnabas and later Carolyn and Quentin. We are reminded that these people are family and really do love and care for one another. Barrett is outstanding and Frid and Selby do some of their best work here.
Gerard continues to corrupt Julia. Barnabas is starting to get a little suspicious. Will he catch on before it's too late?
Somehow Barnabas gets through to Carolyn. She regains some strength and composure and promises to tell what she remembers. She asks him to meet her at Collinwood, which was definitely not a smart decision. Barnabas and Julia find her in the drawing room dead.
Carolyn Is one of my favorite characters and this scene really touched me when I first saw it. Not that death was ever likely to be permanent on DS but this demonstrated how utterly evil Gerard was.
Just a personal opinion but [spoiler]once we return to the present, I found Carolyn's corruption by Gerard far more sad and disturbing than anything that happened to David and Hallie[/spoiler]
Fade Away and Radiate