Author Topic: DVD collection 12  (Read 2438 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: DVD collection 12
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 12:47:16 AM »
o.k. just a few more final words then i'll stop...promise ;).

having completed this collection i've been thinking about it.perhaps i'm looking for a dose of reality where i'm just not going to find it but there are a few implausiblities here that stand out for me(aside from the obvious like werewolves).

elizabeth collins stoddard is the town's queen bee.the company she runs probably employs half the townspeople and you know how small town gossip is.here she "dies" and no one knows anything about it.
there is no reading of a will,talk of inheritance,etc. that i caught.and remember that everyone besides carolyn really believed her to be dead.even an undertaker shows up.

now i know that this show didn't focus on such mundane realities such as this at this point but that doesn't make alot of sense to me.

much stranger is that when liz returns from the "dead" no one so much as raised an eyebrow.barnabas,julia and carolyn knew the real story behind her "death" but no one else did from what i could tell.then in the next episode it's just business as usual.didn't maggie and mrs.johnson find it odd to say the least when thier supposedly dead employer shows up and starts issuing orders? :o

now this was a secondary storyline and goodness knows i was glad to have liz back and no longer under that tedious spell but this was some sloppy writing.

on a lesser note even though the usual suspects(barnabas,julia)know what really happened to vicki to everone else the pat explanation was that she "had to go away" was going to suffice and no one was going to say "well,where the hell did she go?". ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »
Yes, I quite agree with what you're saying:  the abandonment of reality began a long time ago, but these are very strong symptoms.  The storyline obviously needed an abrupt shift (with the haunting and possession and whatnot), so the storylines that were useless and no longer needed had to be done away with as in the case with that tedious "I'm buried alive" crap or the monotonous Vicki stuff.  Hey, Maggie the Governess makes absolutely no sense, either, and I think they gave Joel Crothers the shaft, but look on the brightside:  one of the best, if not *the* best plots is coming up, so you have that to look forward to, even though 1897, too, has its fair share of inconsistencies.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 03:10:36 AM »
I actually didn't mind seeing [spoiler]Barnabas going back to 1795 to save Vicki. It did give us a couple more awesome confrontational scenes between Barnabas and Angelique. And I just loved it when Ben torched Angelique screaming "BURN! BURN! BURN!" I think it was only fitting Ben should be the one who burned Angelique considering the abuse he took from her when she enslaved him.[/spoiler]

Collection 12 of course continues the brilliant Quentin/Beth/David/Amy story. [spoiler]Quentin's laughter through the empty mansion as his music plays after he has driven the family from the house has got to be one of the show's most brilliant moments[/spoiler]