Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1004  (Read 854 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1004
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:22:54 PM »
Robservations #1004

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1004

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
Lacey VO.  Barnabas once again is tragically unable to see the events of PT and meddle in them, thus saving countless lives.  How does Ang know she's immortal?  She refers to going on for all of eternity.  I enjoy watching Ang tutor her underlings, sometimes getting frustrated with their thick-headedness, from her perspective.  In this case, it's Aunt Hannah. 

[candle_in_skull_2]

It's a natural law that Bruno has to be wrong, so the moment Angelique returns to Collinwood, Bruno decides she's Alexis.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
Given his meddling in 1897, I would say the PT Collins family is SAFER with Barnabas being chained in the coffin.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »
Ha ha ha, Joey!

Main DS cast members will be reurning to the show. Angelique finds a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the foyer table--and a telegram (remember them???) addressed to Quentin. Naturally she opens it, and it turns out to be from Maggie's sister:

Forgive me for intruding, but I know that my sister does miss you very much. If you call Maggie this evening, I am sure you can talk her into coming back to you at Collinwood. The time is right. Jennifer Evans.

Naturally, she hides it when Quentin arrives a moment later.

Dameon Edwards gets some lines at last, as he sends Quentin a really bad dream....

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
Hannah is understandably freaked out by her niece's actions. Was Angelique always this bitchy? Probably so. Hannah becomes the Willie Loomis here and is tasked with getting rid of the empties.
A little more traditional soap move has Angelique tossing the telegram from Jennifer Evans into the fire place. Stalemate on the Quentin/Maggie marriage for now.
Next spook to step up is Damien Edwards. Bruno and Trask are both unnerved by his presence in the house, as well they should be. But, right now, Damien's attention seems to on Quentin. I'm not sure why. There is never any hint that Quentin was involved in Damien's murder. So why would Damien be sending Quentin visions of his impending suicide?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Damian has returned again or at least shown himself. Angelique tears up Jenn's telegram and burns it too keep Maggie away.  Quentin calls Maggie a child and seems rather disdainful when it would seem he might have married her because she wasn't a shrew.  Considering the amount of men Angeligue was involved with, you would think she would at least have some redeeming quality beyond her looks. 
The whole Q hanging is just weird. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
I figure what they were going for with the hanging was that in order for Ang to make Q her HeatVamp bride for all eternity, he would have to die and then be brought back as she had just been, thus completing the parallel with Barnabas.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
Good call, MT! I think that [spoiler]somewhere down the road we will find out that in fact this is the plan, but I don't remember for sure.[/spoiler]