Author Topic: Topic from GH: A Hard Act To Follow/Spoilerish  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Topic from GH: A Hard Act To Follow/Spoilerish
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:54:13 AM »
I nearly died reading about her stomping on a certain actor, ( who touches his hair alot)  foot when he hogged the light.  He was apparently known for doing this to the young actresses.  I don't really know much about Davis.  Has anyone of you met him.  According to the book though, he and GH maybe were not the best of friends.  Or clashed.  Hey we all have worked with people who annoy us.  I know I have! GOD!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Topic from GH: A Hard Act To Follow/Spoilerish
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »
Must be a touchy subject! [ghost_tongue]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
Hey Taeylor,

that anecdote about Grayson and Davis IS a hoot.  Have you ever heard the radio interview with Grayson, Humbert, Jonathan, Rodan, and Davis?  Don Briscoe is in it for a little bit, too.  It's on one of the CDs--really great stuff.

Roger Davis' habit of literally pushing his female co-stars around on the sets of DS is well documented.  I believe that KLS talked about it in the original edition of Scrapbook Memories, and Marie Wallace has mentioned it in many interviews.  In the KLS book on the DS movies (which includes the original screenplays) she reprinted a diary she had kept during the shooting of hoDS and the funniest part is when Dan suggests to her that he liked her and Roger Davis together in the movie so much that he wanted Roger to be her new leading man on DS.  She immediately says how she's going to fatten up on pastries to try and keep out of Roger's clutches.  I got to hear her reading from this at one of the Festivals years ago and the audience reaction to these passages is something I'll never forget.

cheers, Gothick

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
Joan Bennett, a consummate pro, was always complimentary about her costars on DS with one exception!!!  She openly riduculed Roger Davis, saying he compared himself to Henry Fonda.  She may have had a point- remember all the commercial voiceovers he did in that mock-Fonda voice?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:27:46 PM »
that anecdote about Grayson and Davis IS a hoot.  Have you ever heard the radio interview with Grayson, Humbert, Jonathan, Rodan, and Davis?  Don Briscoe is in it for a little bit, too.  It's on one of the CDs--really great stuff.

Roger Davis' habit of literally pushing his female co-stars around on the sets of DS is well documented.  I believe that KLS talked about it in the original edition of Scrapbook Memories, and Marie Wallace has mentioned it in many interviews.  In the KLS book on the DS movies (which includes the original screenplays) she reprinted a diary she had kept during the shooting of hoDS and the funniest part is when Dan suggests to her that he liked her and Roger Davis together in the movie so much that he wanted Roger to be her new leading man on DS.  She immediately says how she's going to fatten up on pastries to try and keep out of Roger's clutches.  I got to hear her reading from this at one of the Festivals years ago and the audience reaction to these passages is something I'll never forget.

A lot of the new stuff I gotta get.  Like the redone version of Memories.  I need the Millenium edition of DS Almanac.  I need the movie books.  And I NEED THE RADIO INTERVIEW!  On what Cd is it on?  I would love to hear it. 

I find it HIGHlarious that he thought he was Henry Fonda.  FUNNY!  Yeah Right!

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
Try eBay, and look under "Dark Shadows" (include the quotes to narrow the search).

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
The Original Music from Dark Shadows. It features most of the notable score pieces, many of which have readings from Jonathan Frid over them. David Selby "appears" for Shadows of the Night. It also contains two radio interviews: the aforementioned one, and one with David Selby. It can be purchased for $9.99 on iTunes or $13.98 on Amazon.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
Try to contact Bobubus for a copy of the CD. For some reason, I don't remember why, I think he has a lot of different audio cd's from DS.  I have a copy of the CD that was mentioned which I got from Amazon. However, I think they are no longer available but I could be wrong.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »
Thanks so much.  I will defiantly buy it.  :)

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 01:51:29 AM »
Taeylor, Bobulas also has on CD, A Conversation with Grayson Hall.  I highly recommend this one.  It is a hoot!