Author Topic: Footage of Jonathan Frid Speaking at the DS Banquet /merged /w You tube video...  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
There is YouTube footage of Jonathan Frid speaking at the banquet.  It's a little later when he is talking that he thanks fans from the stage for their support and attendance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXn7yH-SHoA

People were not supposed to take any video footage on Saturday but it was rather hard to enforce with the room being so packed, very hard to move and not create a disturbance in the process.  At any rate, some footage survives from the event and is making the rounds on Youtube.com.  The above is a very good link taken by a fan from the side of the stage.  Actually, I had given her permission to do so.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Footage of Jonathan Frid Speaking at the DS Banquet
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:31:05 PM »
Actually, I had given her permission to do so.

Breaking your own rule.  :tsk:  I'm shocked!  :o

;D

But seriously, it's very nice footage. And a great keepsake for the fans who were lucky enough to be there as well as those who weren't.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:47:37 PM »
Seriously though, "we" meaning Team Frid ( ::) did not make up that rule though JF did not want his performance taped. That's usually a no-no any place you go and someone is performing.  I thought having some footage available for fans to view on Youtube.com or wherever would be a good thing. My friend and DSF volunteer Cheryl took the footage with her camera.  She was seated at a table right next to the stage.  Good stuff.

Breaking your own rule.  (admin: tsk, tsk, tsk)  I'm shocked!  :o

;D

But seriously, it's very nice footage. And a great keepsake for the fans who were lucky enough to be there as well as those who weren't.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »
Ah, thanks for this, Nancy!  I couldn't take my eyes off his beautifully expressive hands.

While mentioning his female costars around him, he talks about being within "breathing distance" of a lady friend, who was in the next room, when doing a play in Georgia, and then humorously drops it.  And we know he directed Marie Wallace in "Lion in Winter" there.  ;)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »
Yes, that was in response to Marie's earlier comment about their doing everything together in Georgia but sleeping together. Frid was in a frisky mood that evening. ^-^

Nancy

While mentioning his female costars around him, he talks about being within "breathing distance" of a lady friend, who was in the next room, when doing a play in Georgia, and then humorously drops it.  And we know he directed Marie Wallace in "Lion in Winter" there.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 04:21:42 PM »
Okay, thanks.

I wasn't at the banquet. ;)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing that link, he seems like a very sweet man.

I bet the applause was explosive when he took the stage -
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 02:43:40 AM »
OMG! How cool is that???
Thank you for sharing this wonderful tidbit.
Mr. Frid looks GREAT!
Too bad that bitter pill got in the way in the end. But Jim does dress nicely, doesn't he?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 04:51:31 AM »
You are indeed very wicked, oh wicked one!

The whole thing was quite cool, actually.  JF was in good spirits for the whole event.  It took some getting used too while we were trying to eat here and there people taking pictures and using their cell phones to videotape him eating or whatever.  The webmaster was flabbergasted at what he saw having never been exposed to such things before.

We were looking out the windows of the hotel at one point and watched some people walking up and down the parking lot (the part we could see) and after a bit realized they were probably checking out the license plates to see which cars were from Ontario.  A few took pictures of this and that car. We couldn't see the plates from where we were but unless they were looking for mobsters and knew the cars they were driving, we figured they must be looking for license plates.  We couldn't imagine why anyone would want to take a picture of his car or what they thought was his car.  He laughed it off when we told him what we saw.  I don;t think anything surprises him. ::)

We missed you there, Oh Wicked One.  You probably would have been there taking pictures of cars with Ontario plates too.

Nancy

(edited by admin)

OMG! How cool is that???
Thank you for sharing this wonderful tidbit.
Mr. Frid looks GREAT!
Too bad that bitter pill got in the way in the end. But Jim does dress nicely, doesn't he?

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
You tube video from banquet ( not mine )
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 12:05:46 AM »
I just came across this while updateing my Myspace profile. Has anyone posted this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v+rxn7yH-SHoA. I hope I got that correct. Anyway it is a video of J.Frid from the banquet last month. I have no clue how to link it here or credit the person who made it.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: You tube video from banquet ( not mine )
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 01:37:15 AM »
Hi, Teresalita,

Just copy the URL from YouTube and paste to your post using your browser's dropdown menu or Ctrl+V.

Anyway, the correct URL is in the 1st post in this topic.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Footage of Jonathan Frid Speaking at the DS Banquet /merged /w You tube vide
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:32 PM »
Oh thank you. Where have I been not to have seen it earlier?  ::) Got to love the YouTube
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"