Author Topic: Angelique's Fate  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Angelique's Fate
« on: April 01, 2005, 08:04:25 AM »
Here's a brain-bender:  Would the kinder, gentler Angelique of 1840 have remained a transformed woman? ???

My take on it is that the first person who pi$$ed her off would send her back to her old destructive behavior.  Thoughts cousins?

Countess

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
** Censoring Words **
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:51:01 PM »
While I'm honestly not really singling out anyone in particular, and while I'm sure that no one is actually trying to do anything underhanded, I do have a request:

We've noticed that recently several people have been using "creative" spelling for certain words in their posts. However, there's really no need to do that. The forum's censored word list is very short and if a particular word is on it, it will be censored (though in most cases people will still be able to tell what it is) - but if it's not on the list, it will go through. The system will simply replace certain letters in the word with asterisks, which is pretty much the standard censoring practice across the Internet. We realize that some people probably resort to "creative" spelling because they think the real word might possibly embarrass someone. However, though in all likelihood it's not what's intended, it can also come across to us as if they're afraid the real word could get censored by the forum's system, and we honestly don't appreciate anyone who might try to bypass the censor list. So, from now on when you're composing a post, please type all words as they're actually spelled and let the system take care of any of the censoring that might be necessary.

Thanks.  :)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: Angelique's Fate
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:22:12 AM »

Given Angelique's track record and short fuse, she would most assuredly not have remained free of her powers for long.  She'd probably fight the temptation for a little while, but would eventually give in to the "dark side."

~Penny Dreadful~  
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 07:05:50 AM »
Well, MB,  that's what years of Catholic school will do to a person.  Ladies just don't  write or say certain words.  We just get 'creative' ;) 

Countess

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 05:22:24 PM »
Well, MB,  that's what years of Catholic school will do to a person.  Ladies just don't  write or say certain words.  We just get 'creative' ;)

heehee what about the current fashions! i also don't believe people really change that much
and if angelique and barnabas had gotten back together the first SYT he talked too
would get it right between the eyes ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 10:00:50 PM »
Well, the Angelique that was alive and well and living in NYin 1970 seemed to manage it well. I wonder 'which' Angelique she was?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 02:41:40 PM »
The kinder Angelique of 1840...wasn't is really PT Ang, and therefore, a true different person?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 10:33:27 PM »
I always thought that, if the show had continued, Angelique should have been transformed into a force for good, although if she got riled - especially by the evil powers she would now battle along with Barnabas and Julia - she would still lash out in very unpleasant ways.  It just seemed to me that they had milked Angelique for all they could as a villianess.  She would be far more interesting as a converted heroine.

Gerard

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »
If the show had continued and the character kept around, they should've moved her past Barnabas (doesn't seem very likely though, does it?) and given her new connections. In order to keep the character on the show, that would've been needed, IMO. I have a hard time seeing her as a force of good, but with good writing and new development perhaps she could've become more of a gray area character that could've occasionally did good things/helped out.