Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0924  (Read 1382 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0924
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0924
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »
The Ang portrait's still ugly after all.   Maggie... I remember her I think.   Come to think, didn't there used to be a character named Barnabas on this show too?

Ang moving on (from Barnabas and Collinsport) is a nice broadening of the story of DS and of the character, beyond being just a recurring villain who's always after the same old thing.   No matter what flaws there are in the Leviathans storyline, it still beats 1968 for me because of some things like this.

Sky and Ang are really fancy dressers, aren't they?   That fabulous wealth is certainly well spent.   If I used emoticons there would be one for sarcasm here.   Unsarcastically, Maggie's dress, nice color.  I guess that would be called "teal".

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:54:41 AM »
Ang moving on (from Barnabas and Collinsport) is a nice broadening of the story of DS and of the character, beyond being just a recurring villain who's always after the same old thing.
But why did Angelique move on?  Apparently it's because she fell in love with Sky Rumson.  And I'm not sure why that happened.

It was nice to see Maggie show some backbone, though of course Michael retaliated.  I wish she had called Megan and Philip to make sure it was OK for Michael to spend time with a sick kid.  They would have said yes (and Megan would have acted as though Maggie was crazy for asking) but Maggie didn't know that.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
Sky, do you really believe that a woman would want a painter to make her portrait appear old?
Sky:  "He even painted it on an old canvas."
Um, maybe it's time you accept that your wife is a bit older than she lets on.

Okay, so Angelique's plane landed on time, she's on the boat, and she'll be at the house in 20 minutes.  What happened to the 7 1/2 minutes?

Angelique:  "I have everything in the world I want."
Julia:  "Do you indeed?"
Snort.

Michael and David play "Wall Street" with Monopoly money and a game board with imaginary squares.  And why is that the games that children make up on DS are always very bad for the adults?

Angelique:  "I'm deceiving him already. The influence of Collinwood."
"Blame Collinwood," sung to the tune of Blame Canada

Michael Maitland is already SUCH a better actor than Geoffrey Scott!!!!!!!

I wish she had called Megan and Philip to make sure it was OK for Michael to spend time with a sick kid.  They would have said yes (and Megan would have acted as though Maggie was crazy for asking) but Maggie didn't know that.

Heh, Maggie didn't seem to care that Michael might catch David's cold, only that David might get worse from being "overheated" (and what a silly term that was!).

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »
We always thought that she would come back.

I was thinking that the room reminded we of
[spoiler]Angelique's room in Parallel Time?[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
Wow, loril54, that was some marathon!

I was thinking that the room reminded we of
[spoiler]Angelique's room in Parallel Time?[/spoiler]

It's the same set.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
Michael was a real brat today. Of course, why should we expect anything else from him. He really is a tyrannical monster.

As Alexander, he made David give him the radio that David had been begging his father to get for him. As Michael, he's demanding that David let him win the game. Poor David must be wondering if it's really worth being a Leviathan since he has to let the child from hell have his way all the time.

I would have loved to have seen a little squabble between Maggie and Megan (if she had been in the episode) about Michael coming over. I can just see Maggie telling Megan David had a cold, Megan maybe saying that Michael does NOT get colds, Maggie insisting that David's schoolwork had to come first and Megan telling her to lighten up. Well, no matter how it would have happened, Maggie would still have invited the wrath of Michael.