Author Topic: Hi! About Barnabas.  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Barnabas_Collins

• Undying Passion.
    • View Profile
    • The AllSpark General Forum
Re: Hi! About Barnabas.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2002, 05:00:22 AM »
Ahem... Josette, you forgot to reply to me... *points to the third post above this one*

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2002, 06:11:50 AM »
Sorry, Barnabas.  While you made a very nice post, I guess it didn't seem to require additional comments the way the other one did.
Josette

Offline BluePhoenix

• Join me at Blue's Club!
    • View Profile
    • Blue's Club!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2002, 07:05:20 AM »
regarding Barnabas giving you a rose: well, "thank you" is always nice  ;) and i'm jealous! i've never gotten a flower from him...

on your old stories, you can't save them some way? on the boards that i go to, you can always create one more forum to hold the best of the best. it's a shame that you're losing something wonderful that took time and creativity to make.

and although i loved Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap, i don't think he was right to play a captain on ST. it's sort of nostalgic to watch this show and see how so many of the races and equipment we took for granted in the other shows got their start. kinda fun!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - for BluePhoenix
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2002, 08:51:46 AM »
Blue_Phoenix,

Just a quick note... I visited your forum (always anxious to see other sites) and wanted to say 2 things.  First off, it's GORGEOUS!  Am curious to know the source of your quote.  Okay, so technically that was already 2 things, but I'm not done yet:  My hat is off to you-- you're a heckuva moderator!

M.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2002, 09:50:29 AM »
About the old boards, it really is a shame that they delete them.  SciFi runs the site.  Supposedly they have them archived and it's supposed to be possible to request old ones, but a long time ago I think someone tried and it didn't work.  Recently they did a big overhaul and deleted a lot of old ones.  Given that we have 100 of the "regular" boards and I think it's up to 25 Creative and 18 Lighter Side (generally 100 topics to a board), you can imagine what it would be if they kept all of them.  But it really is a shame that so many things are gone.  Someone did save a lot of the stories on another site, but I forget where that is.  (I'm not a writer, so none of the stories are mine, but I've been a big fan of them.)

I've enjoyed Bakula as the captain, but I don't think they've developed the other characters enough.  In their other series they created a very varied and intriguing assortment of characters and set up all sorts of quirks and interrelationships amongst them and so on, and aside from how clever some of the story developments were, it was primarily those relationships that made the series click.  I keep hoping this one will eventually, but while I'm enjoying it, it just doesn't seem to be up to the level of the others yet.

Josette

Offline BluePhoenix

• Join me at Blue's Club!
    • View Profile
    • Blue's Club!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2002, 05:14:46 PM »
thanks muchly, Midnite! i appreciate your comments, and i've started another thread for us to get to know each other, and to tell you more about my board.

Josette, i think those sites and this one must be set up very differently from the ones i use at EZboard, and i think the terminology we're using is not the same. Vindicator, the EZop (our term for owner) of AllSpark Classic, is well versed in both your type of board and the EZboards, he's a real brain and a heck of a nice guy too, but me? i don't have much experience with the independently operated boards like this one, so forgive me if i give you the wrong info sometimes...
more on that in my thread/topic with Midnite!

i guess the first season of a new show is most difficult, they have to establish so much! after all, it's a whole new world... and when it's a world the viewers are already aware of, like with all the Trekkers out there, the new shows receive even more scrutiny. Hey, we have what, 30 years worth of fans and MANY shows that came before. any new ST show really has to hit the ground running!

i especially like that they are just discovering so many technical ideas and pieces of advanced equipment that we already know about, it adds a nice twist to the stories. but you're right, many of the characters could be stronger and more fleshed out by now, and the stories could be stronger too. it's like they're 3/4 of what i had hoped for, and it's good, but you still know something is missing... maybe by the second season they'll take off. as i remember, when i first saw the "Farpoint" episode that began ST:The Next Generation, i didn't think it was all that great. now that i go back and view it, knowing the characters, the meanings behind what they were doing, etc, i seems great! one of my favorites!

hey, if you guys started out on the scifi boards, how did you end up specifically as DS fans on a separate board?  you tell me your story, and i'll tell you mine!  :D

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2002, 07:16:52 PM »
thanks muchly, Midnite! i appreciate your comments, and i've started another thread for us to get to know each other, and to tell you more about my board.

Thanks, I'm anxious to read it next!

hey, if you guys started out on the scifi boards, how did you end up specifically as DS fans on a separate board?  you tell me your story, and i'll tell you mine!  :D

I can add some insights about this too-- I bet there are loads of posters on these boards that don't have a clue why these forums are here and (you never know!) they might be interested in finding out-- but I'll do it in your other topic.  I also wanted to invite you and Prime_Z to come on over to the "Current Talk" forum to introduce yourselves to everyone.  I'm sure other posters would enjoy hearing about you and how you came to be a fan of DS, what you like about it, your other interests, etc.  I know you'll be a welcome and valuable addition to our discussions on Current Talk!