Author Topic: New Interview With Matt Hall  (Read 230 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New Interview With Matt Hall
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:00:41 PM »
I just watched a very interesting interview with Matthew Hall, who is, of course, the son of Grayson and Sam Hall. The interview was conducted Melody Clark, who ran Grayson's fan club for many years and knew Grayson quite well. Matt is a very interesting guy who has some great stories to tell. For example, at one point, Sam, Grayson and Matt were all seeing the same therapist, Dr. Harold Kaplan. Kaplan was Nancy Barrett's husband. He also treated Phil Spector. I guess you can't win them all!
Matt also said that he has several file cabinets full of stuff about both his parents which he is in the process of digitalizing to eventually post of the internet. So there will some day be a mountain of Hall memorabilia that will seem brand new. He also mentioned that he still has Grayson's Magda wig.
The interview is posted on Melody's fan flak channel on YouTube. Probably other places as well.
Matt seemed to enjoy himself and agreed to come back for another interview at some point.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: New Interview With Matt Hall
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:26:29 AM »
Uncle Roger,

Great stuff from that Matt Hall interview. It will be great to read all of that Hall family material on the internet. Thanks for posting the details of this You Tube interview.

Bob

PS I wonder if Dr. Kaplan ever critiqued Grayson Hall’s medical competence/professionalism in her role as Dr. Julia Hoffman on DS? [ghost_huh] [ghost_grin]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 12:53:57 AM »
I don't know about that, Bob, but the flip side of the Zip A Dee Doo Dah by one of Phil Spector's groups Bobb B. Soxx and The Blue Jeans is called Dr. Kaplan's office. It's an instrumental but, boy, if those walls could talk!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 01:01:07 AM »
That flip side could be as entertaining as one of Dr. Jennifer Melfi’s sessions with one Mr. Anthony Soprano, waste management consultant, extraordinaire, of North Caldwell, NJ. [ghost_wacko]