Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0228  (Read 1731 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0228
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:53:58 AM »
Robservations - #228

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0228

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »
I loved it when Jason tried to kiss Elizabeth's hand and she batted him away.  Who thought up that one?  How I wish I could have seen Joan Bennett and Dennis Patrick rehearsing!

Watching yesterday's episode, I thought about how much was added to the Barnabas storyline by the previous nine months of Maggie being a good, reliable girl. But I don't see anything in particular being added to the Jason/Elizabeth storyline by the previous nine months of Liz.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Well, I suppose Elizabeth's being in a coma and having this thing about the locked room in the basement must count for something. But aside from that she has a more or less quiet life, so maybe Jason's arrival and shake-up of her world are that much more disturbing.

I'll bet JB and DP had a great time doing their scenes!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »
I suppose we're supposed to feel for Liz all the more now with Jason, because she was such a strong, capable figure in the first few weeks, but we already had Laura and the hospital after that.   She's gone from one helpless situation into another, and it's going to color viewers' impressions of her from now on.   I'm afraid that we're being softened up to accept helpless-Liz (turning into Helpless, Out-of-the-Loop, Bystander-Liz eventually) long-term.   It may not be intentional yet, but when that J Frid fan mail starts pouring in......
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 12:35:26 AM »
Jason wants a job title and an office to look respectable. Director of public relations.  Roger is dumbfounded. I keep thinking that even though it is the sixties, that they should if not come right out and have Jason say it, at least imply that he wants some fringe benefits from Elizabeth. I can hear him saying you are quite an attractive woman LIz, and well I have been told I 'm not so bad myself. I think we can come  to some sort of arraignment. If you get my meaning.

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:20 AM »
Maybe, but I think the only fringe benefit Jason wants is money. More and more of it.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
DarkLady, you're right about Jason, but I keep wondering about him.  He's not the sort of person, it seems to me, who would willingly go for long periods of time without sex.  So where's he getting it from at the moment?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
Jason can sweet talk any babe into a romp in the sack, I betcha.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Janet, I fully agree with you.  I just think that we, as loyal viewers, are entitled to know a little more about the babes that are being sweet-talked.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
You two are a riot! But I guess daytime TV wasn't ready for that in 1967.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 08:37:29 PM »
What kind of public relations would a cannery be in need of? I mean, how much advertising can you do for sardines? I say start Jason on the sardine line, chopping off heads. Let him get to know the business from the ground up.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
Janet, I'm sure Jason would be very good at chopping off heads, but I think that the fact that you don't think much advertising can be done for sardines is a strong indicator that they could use a PR campaign.  All the great taste of anchovies, but less filling - something like that, maybe?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »
You're right, Lydia. And you know Jason's next request of Liz will be a personal babe secretary. Woo woo!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
Maybe, but I think the only fringe benefit Jason wants is money. More and more of it.

[spoiler]Probably.  I think Jason can go without sex for a few weeks in order to concentrate on and carry out the plan that will set him up for the rest of his life, without complications such as girlfriends letting it slip to townsfolk.   That's the difference between Jason and Willie.   Jason's already having the time of his life manipulating, gloating, smoking Roger's cigars etc..  that'll hold him for awhile.

The fringe benefits business does enter into things later though, I think, tacetly.   We're meant to feel this undercurrent of alarm about the engagement, I think, because of what Jason might insist on.   It doesn't need to be said out loud.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »
My goodness, MT, you do express that (in the spoiler) so delicately!

And I'll bet that [spoiler]Jason will insist on ALL the fringe benefits that go with being married.[/spoiler]