Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0227  (Read 1294 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0227
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:48:23 AM »
Robservations - #227

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0227

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »
Barnabas is in control.  He has bitten Maggie, so she is compliant to his wishes.  Maggie has shown her father that she has no fear of Barnabas, so when people start wondering who did something to Maggie, Sam will know it couldn't have been Barnabas.  And Sam has been given the task of filling in some details on the portrait of Barnabas while Barnabas himself goes and feeds on Maggie again.  Nothing can stop Barnabas now!

Unless...perhaps...[spoiler]Josette influences Sam to paint fangs on the portrait of Barnabas.[/spoiler]

Note: Yes, I know, the spoilerized idea didn't actually happen.  But If I unspoilerize it, then innocent, vulnerable newbies (come on, Johnny Depp fans!) will know for sure that it didn't happen.  We can't have that.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »
As before, Maggie drives her pop to the Old House to continue painting the portrait. After Maggie leaves, Barnabas tells Sam he has made great progress with the painting. But the painting is exactly the same as it was before, with the same rag draped over it in the same way!

Later, Barnabas asks Sam if he can go out "for some air." Sam says that he has about an hour's worth of work to do on the colors. That will be more than enough time, Barnabas says.

Meanwhile, Maggie now waits for him eagerly....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
The repeat of Barnabas in Maggie's room had a better view of his fangs. Sam says that sea air is the most unhealthiest thing to breathe.  The sixties. The days of good old wives tales.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
There's a fence outside Maggie's French doors and a bush, and then... Infinity.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
Sam says that sea air is the most unhealthiest thing to breathe.  The sixties.

And fifty or sixty years before that, some people thought sea water was the healthiest thing to drink (presumably not sailors who'd had close calls).   Anyway, I'm sure every era including ours has plenty of mistaken ideas.   

WikiJanet uttered:
There's a fence outside Maggie's French doors and a bush, and then... Infinity.

Cool....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
Maybe the Evans cottage sits right on the Schwarzhild radius of a black hole....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Maybe the Evans cottage sits right on the Schwarzschild radius of a black hole....

Just Googled.   The distance out to the event horizon.  There's the something new that you learn each day, for today, thank you DL.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
*blush* Anytime, MT!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:29 AM »
Maggie is brightening up at night like Willie. I wonder if people made the connection.  I had a thought Maggie doesn't have bed head. Her hair looks pretty good.  In some ways it helps looking at the shows as if you were seeing ti for the first time and not many times through.

Barnabas come out of the doors that are to the left of the fireplace. The room is really dark because Willie has fallen down on the job. :(  Barnabas is going to use the candle trick again. Maggie comes up to the Old House with Sam, and she is on auto pilot. She doesn't seem to fear Barnabas now.

She is now sleeping with the light on. Barnabas is back to the window. In her sleep she gets up and opens up the doors, and moves the scarf away.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate