Author Topic: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008  (Read 6474 times)

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark shadows Resurrected 2008
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »
Now I'm picturing Frankenstein's monster still prowling around, forlorn and forgotten, breaking into the studio's vending machines for food, and picking off the last person in the tour group...
[lghy] [lol3] [scrm]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 06:31:59 PM »
I've never been. It sounds like a great way to kick off the weekend. I got my ticket/"reciept" in the mail the other day and it came with a letter that told how close Hollywood is to the Marriott. It would be a shame to be that close and not go. Do you guys that have been before the special ticket that allows you to go to the front of the lines?
May you die before you want too.

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
Well, I sent off my order form from the festival website in the mail today... and I did decide to go ahead and pay for the banquet again this year. 

I would definitely love to do a Universal tour, or anything else for that matter, before the festival begins Friday evening, if whoever goes doesn't mind me tagging along. 

I can't wait until July.  I also can't wait to put a few faces with the board names around here.

"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »
I've never been. It sounds like a great way to kick off the weekend. I got my ticket/"reciept" in the mail the other day and it came with a letter that told how close Hollywood is to the Marriott. It would be a shame to be that close and not go. Do you guys that have been before the special ticket that allows you to go to the front of the lines?

You can only go to the front of the line at registration if you're handicapped. The same holds true for getting into the banquet hall itself. If you're not handicapped, I'd suggest getting on the registration line a full hour before it starts at least. Last year, the line was incredible. It always is, but from my experience, last year was really horrendous. I heard people saying they spent over three hours waiting to register! As for getting into the banquet, it moves pretty quickly. Again, if you're not handicapped but plan on sitting with some handicapped friends, they can reserve seats for you at their table. Now, that said, they can only hold the seats for so long. Last year, there were people who had tickets for the banquet who couldn't get seats, so people with empty seats at their tables had to give them up, friends or no. Of course, it's a great way to meet fellow fans, though. We had some new faces at our table, and it was fun!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 07:48:31 PM »
Well, I sent off my order form from the festival website in the mail today... and I did decide to go ahead and pay for the banquet again this year.

Congratulations, and thanks.  I didn't know the form had been updated.

I wonder if the Festival-sponsored day trip WILL be to Universal Studios since it's so close.  Or maybe to Greystone again, if it won't interfere with the summer camp on the grounds.

The hotel is also close to a few film and TV studios, including Warner Bros.  And Griffith Park if you're into hiking, riding, golf or biking.  Unfortunately, the Dodgers will be out of town that weekend.

There's a rail hub at the Burbank airport (on the south side; the hotel is east of the airport) with Amtrak service to San Diego on the Pacific Surfliner, which Bette tells me is quite nice.  Also to Solvang/Santa Barbara/Oxnard etc. in the other direction.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 02:12:55 AM »
I would definitely love to do a Universal tour, or anything else for that matter, before the festival begins Friday evening, if whoever goes doesn't mind me tagging along.
I'll be attending by myself this year and would be glad to have you and as many others as we can get. Universal's web-site says they have a special ticket that allows you to go to the front of the line. That may be the best deal as it would allow us to see and do more in the time that we have.

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 02:53:56 AM »
Sounds fantastic.  I've been to Universal Orlando but never been out west at all before.

Onc it gets a little closer, we'll have figure out where we want to meet up.  I am staying at the hotel where the festival is being held.

"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:13 AM »
The front of lines pass is great as long as everyone in your group is able to get them (they sell out, so purchasing in advance may be best) and can afford the additional 40+ dollars.

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 05:34:40 AM »
How many who are going to the fest will also be at the banquet?
I never miss them rubber chicken and all!

I'm with LdyAnne!  I NEVER miss the banquet!  I've only been to the last three Fests but it's a GREAT way to end the weekend.  You can get out your hankies for the big goodbye scenes on Monday, but Sunday night is BANQUET TIME!!!!  And for dessert, there's CHEESECAKE!  (Down, Adamsgirl!  You don't even know if Rodan is GOING to the banquet!) 

The last three years we've had CHEESECAKE!!!  And of course, there's also the obligatory Staking of the Cheesecake!!!

Oh!  Wait!  Maybe that was only at OUR table.  LOL!!!!!  Can't wait to see you there!!!!

Judy
[9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »
Onc it gets a little closer, we'll have figure out where we want to meet up.  I am staying at the hotel where the festival is being held.

I'm staying at the Marriott as well.

I'll be wearing a "Blue Whale" t-shirt. It's homemade, the front says "The Blue Whale" above a cartoon picture of a blue whale with "Est. 1966 Collinsport Ma." below it. The back reads "Meet Me At The Blue Whale". The shirt is white with blue letters.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 05:00:37 PM »
I was thinging about my last post and had an idea. Maybe the powers that be that run these boards could put together an official "Dark Shadows Forums" t-shirt? They could sell the shirts on line or just make up printable logos that we can put on shirts ourselves. Our just let us know that they wouldn't mind us going wild and making up our own.

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »
The last three years we've had CHEESECAKE!!!  And of course, there's also the obligatory Staking of the Cheesecake!!!

Oh!  Wait!  Maybe that was only at OUR table.  LOL!!!!!

Ah yes! The staking of the cheesecake! That's a tradition, of course -- LOL!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »
Wish that Nancy Barrett was attending
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
I'm staying with a friend in Burbank, but haven't canceled my reservation at the Marriott yet! If anyone is interested, let me know!!! I'm sure I can transfer the room! [ghost_grin]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

Offline Mayfair98

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2008, 03:33:22 AM »
Quick question:  Do the stars charge for autographs at the Festival like they do at other cons, i.e. DragonCon?  This year will be my first and I need to start saving up the cash.