Author Topic: Barnabas--Love and Lust list  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Barnabas--Love and Lust list
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 05:41:42 PM »
I don't necessarily have the hots for Barn per say... I love both B & J. [coughing]
And being one who's experienced abuse first hand, I would never, ever, in a million years, condone that....
I just think Barn., like all people, has it within him to grow and develop as a character and as a person...
xo

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »
Was there anybody else on the show who, once he or she got to be a vampire, didn't want to be?  Angelique didn't want to be, but it wasn't because of any ethical issues; she just didn't want to be tied down to the craving.  She found lots of other fine ways to hurt people when she wasn't a vampire.  Tom Jennings, originally a nice, ordinary guy (I believe Joe mentioned that Maggie dated him way back when), embraced being a vampire with unbridled enthusiasm.  And so on.  Becoming a Dark Shadows vampire causes radical personality changes, and some of them may not be entirely reversible even when the subject is cured.

I haven't seen all the Dark Shadows vampires, but I never hear about one, other than Barnabas, who wanted out, and I do remember the specific offer being made to one of them, who turned it down.  It must have taken extraordinary strength of character for Barnabas to want to be human again.  What would have happened to Julia if the vampire whom she lured to her bedroom had been anybody other than Barnabas?  Golly, she didn't even have a cross in her pocket just in case!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
I think that's a distinct possibility as well! >:D

Nancy

(rainey howls laughing..... ;D )

Gee, tripwire.....if the gang that produced the WB DS/2004 pilot had had YOUR script.....we all might have been celebrating this September...... ;)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
Can you PM me some of those, Heather? :o

Nancy

Wait--I got a better idea. I'm gonna go make me a batch of de-luxe brownies[/b]...I feel calmer already (chuckle). Anyone want one?  I make em with extra cocoa (the baking variety, that is).  Tastyyyyy... ;)  :-*

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »
Just because he didn't say "I love you" doesn't mean he didn't have loving feelings for someone.  Julia never said to Barnabas she loved him but she did. ;D

Nancy

How many time did he ever say "I love you" as opposed to how many times he said "he/she/it MUST be DESTROYED!"?