Author Topic: OT:  Picture this....  (Read 782 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
OT:  Picture this....
« on: March 28, 2002, 05:30:18 PM »
I thought I would share this with all you mature posters.  I have worn hard contact lens since 1975.  Yes, hard lens, an allmost unheard of thing.  Anyway I have a eye infection and can't wear them.  My glasses are the same ones I wore in 1975.  When I went to the eye Dr.  My eye dr. is just one year olere than me and remembered the style very well. I didn't think he would stop laughing.  My co-workers were just about ready to fall on the floor.  One of they is now calling me Simon and Peebody.  Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle?  She even sent me a e-mail with a picture of the charactors.  Wish I could send it on.  But I am compurter challenged.
I keep asking for a new glasses perscription but the dr. says don't fill it, you will just waste your money.

Birdie--or Simon for the next few days.   Maybe you all will laugh just thinking about it
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT:  Picture this....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2002, 05:49:49 PM »
I would think they would be in style right now. Cannot imagine hard contacts. I can barely deal with my daily ones.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 09:48:36 PM »

there's Mr. P and Birdie! [jester]

but actually, it is SHERMAN, my boy!

I loved the way-back machine! and all the puns ~ surprize!

also the fractured fairy tails and aesops fables - they were all some brilliant little shows! including R&B!

and I think I have a picture of the wifey around here somewhere in HER Mr. P glasses, too, but I don't think she-who-must-be-obeyed would allow it to be posted ;)

[have you looked into - pardon the pun - lazic treatments, changed the wifey's lifey!]

cheers,
Ringo......is a...... [not that lesson, this lesson!]

no doubt about it, I gotta get a new hat!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 03:17:39 AM »
I thought I would share this with all you mature posters.  I have worn hard contact lens since 1975.  Yes, hard lens, an allmost unheard of thing.  Anyway I have a eye infection and can't wear them.  My glasses are the same ones I wore in 1975.  When I went to the eye Dr.  My eye dr. is just one year olere than me and remembered the style very well. I didn't think he would stop laughing.  My co-workers were just about ready to fall on the floor.  One of they is now calling me Simon and Peebody.  Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle?  She even sent me a e-mail with a picture of the charactors.  Wish I could send it on.  But I am compurter challenged.
I keep asking for a new glasses perscription but the dr. says don't fill it, you will just waste your money.

Birdie--or Simon for the next few days.   Maybe you all will laugh just thinking about it

First birdie i won't laugh at you because
! I ordered contacts (soft ones) and couldn't put them in my eyes the woman gave up and said she never saw
such a case but it totally freaked me out putting something in my eyes! ?!?
2. i wanted new glasses from around that time period
but my doctor just laughed at me and said "everyone is wearing the small frames now" ick but since i only wear them to drive or watch TV/movies didn't care as much i say more power to you!! i did find Jackie O sunglasses
so we can look for each other In Newport! !! :)
and Ringo love your pictures once again !! ::)

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 04:13:07 AM »
Pathetic as it sounds, when my frames, ca 1982, broke, I actually hunted for a place that would have those way over sized ones!
Nancy
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 04:23:10 AM »
Thanks Ringo,
                       That is the picture my good friend e-mailed me.  I had forgotten his name was Sherman, not Simon.  I was close though.  Sad to say that is what I look like right now.  At least I can laugh.  She had me doing the little saying thing and going around in circles like he did in the cartoon.  Hey, what are good friends for.  I will miss her when I start me new job the 8th.  We are the kind of co-workers they have to seperate when we have meetings.   I am not kiddling, we tend to cause trouble and stir the pot.

My Dr. says lazer won't work on my eyes.  I think he said that because he likes to have a good laugh when I come in with those on.  

I like the fact Sherman has Mr. P. and I have my little white pooch.  

Birdie--or lately know as Sherman
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow, hard contacts
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 05:41:35 AM »
You must do pretty well with them to have used them so long. I read a sales piece on then in the eye dr.'s place and they had me convinced. Then the dr. just sputtered over the very idea!

The thing I dislike about the short term ones is they actually change shape.  But I had a LOT of trouble at first and had to get an oversized type, the more typical size would peel right off my eye. So, I doubt much that I could wear the hard.  
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton