Author Topic: Ben said a dirty word  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Ben said a dirty word
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 08:25:58 AM »
You might have to remember a bit longer than that.  I noticed them advertising a chain reaction of Forever Knight for Monday, today, so I'm guessing that DS won't be on.  I haven't checked the schedule yet.
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2002, 06:37:34 PM »
I noticed them advertising a chain reaction of Forever Knight for Monday, today, so I'm guessing that DS won't be on.  I haven't checked the schedule yet.

The Forever Knight marathon follows DS.  My SciFi schedule reflects the West Coast feed, which reads DS at 10 a.m. followed by 12 hours of FK starting at 11 a.m.  So no, DS is NOT preempted on Monday, April 1st.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 09:18:14 AM »
I listened to their promo more closely today and they definitely said it started at 11.  I couldn't believe it!  Are we just lucky that it worked out that way or did they deliberately "spare" us?!!!! ;D
Josette

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 11:25:35 PM »
According to the SCIFIGUYS the first curse word uttered on tv was by Capt Kirk on a Star Trek episode "City on the Edge of Forever" It said it was a ground-breaking episode but did not say what year or what the word was but I cannot imagine it was anything more than "damn".
Sorry if someone else posted this before me but I did not get a chance to read through all the replies.
The site is kind of fun. Scifiguys.com

" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
en said a dirty word
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2002, 12:01:41 AM »
Think about it....."Forever Knight" is a Vampire series.  Wouldn't DS fans be the audience they were looking for?  They're hoping like crazy that we turn the tv on at 10am and just sit there all day!!  Why would they piss us off by pre-empting our show?
IMHO, "Luck" had nada to do with it!
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Nancy

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2002, 12:07:22 AM »
The reason DS gets pre-empted on holidays is that the programming people generally do not put a series on a day where regular viewing is disrupted.  They keep the series to be shown on regular viewing days, and show marathon and other special programming rather than use up their regular programming.

I can't seem to explain things well today, so I hope what I said above makes some sense to somebody.

Nancy

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2002, 05:48:48 AM »
I was worried at first when I saw the promo for "Forever Night" because I definatly don't want to miss an episode of "Dark Shadows".

The thing I wanted to say is, that the first couple to ever sleep in the same bed was on the show "Mary Kay & Johnny", a series that ran from 1947-1951. The couple was married in real life. No copies of the shows exist becuase all that remains are very low quality kinescopes since it was shown live.