Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0546  (Read 1666 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0546
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0546
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »
The scene in which Nicholas de-witches Cassandra is one of my favorite in the whole series.  I enjoy ritual, and here it is.  If Nicholas had failed to specify all the items - her two hands, her mind, and her heart, was it? - would the ritual have failed?  "This hand is no longer the recipient of my master's grace."  That one surprised me.  Diabolos is a dispenser of grace?  What sort of grace would he - could he - give?  I'm not arguing with the wording: I'm just trying to understand a point of view that is alien to me.

Once again Cassandra shilly-shallied today, when she decided to kill Adam using the doll.  When she kept talking and talking - telling the doll, "You are Adam, and when you die, Barnabas will be a vampire" over and over again - I figured that it took some talking to get the wax doll ready for action.  But then she started sticking the pin in, and just as she did with the Dream Curse, she didn't perform the happy dispatch immediately, but instead she had to prolong the agony.  Oh, gosh, I can just see her, way back in 1795 when she was still a maid.  “Yes, table, I am going to dust you.  But not all at once.  First one swipe...do you know who’s in charge now?...now another swipe...you still don’t understand?” and so on.

The scene between Roger and Cassandra was lovely.  And even if Cassandra follows through and kills Barnabas (“Yes, Barnabas, I am going to kill you.  But not all at once.  First a bullet through the arm...do you know who’s in charge now?...and now a bullet through the leg...you still don’t understand?) Roger still won’t understand why Cassandra needed to use him to kill Barnabas.

Oh, by the way, Adam forgot Carolyn’s “Do not kill” instruction pretty easily, didn’t he?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:51:24 AM »
“Yes, table, I am going to dust you.  But not all at once.  First one swipe...do you know who’s in charge now?...now another swipe...you still don’t understand?” and so on.

I experienced yuks....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
The scene in which Nicholas de-witches Cassandra is one of my favorite in the whole series.
Mine too, Lydia! [ghost_wink]

...she kept talking and talking - telling the doll, "You are Adam, and when you die, Barnabas will be a vampire" over and over again... then she started sticking the pin in, and just as she did with the Dream Curse, she didn't perform the happy dispatch immediately, but instead she had to prolong the agony....

“Yes, table, I am going to dust you.  But not all at once.  First one swipe...do you know who's in charge now?...now another swipe...you still don't understand?” and so on....

“Yes, Barnabas, I am going to kill you.  But not all at once.  First a bullet through the arm...do you know who's in charge now?...and now a bullet through the leg...you still don't understand?"
  [lghy] Very funny! [stfl] Thanks, Lydia, I needed a laugh today!  [laughing1]

This whole episode was quite thrilling! [shkdg] I loved it! Everything was so exciting! I loved watching Nicholas prevent Cassandra from hacking Adam to death with the axe, Adam almost killing Cassandra (I don't blame him), Adam having pain in his chest when Cassandra stabbed the doll, Nicholas stopping Cassandra and making her "human", Cassandra finally telling Roger what she thought of him (and Roger coming to his senses), and the confrontation between Barnabas and Cassandra. Kudos to all for their performances! [clap2]

I think, since Cassandra wasn't a witch anymore, her spell to make Roger love her wasn't working anymore. So Roger finally sounded like himself again! [cheer]

I think there was a mistake made, though - or maybe the writers hadn't thought about this yet. [spoiler]During the Judah Zachary storyline, Angelique was revealed to be Miranda DuVal, who was born in the 17th century. So when Nicholas said Angelique was born in 1774, that was inaccurate. Perhaps Angelique was "born" in 1774 the same way Cassandra was "born" in 1968? [scratch2] [/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
I suspect someone has been messing around with history, via time travel.   I know it's a radical unheard-of theory....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
I think there was a mistake made, though - or maybe the writers hadn't thought about this yet. [spoiler]During the Judah Zachary storyline, Angelique was revealed to be Miranda DuVal, who was born in the 17th century. So when Nicholas said Angelique was born in 1774, that was inaccurate.[/spoiler]

Her birth in Martinique in 1774 jibes with what we've seen to date, most notably Natalie's comment that she knew Angelique when she was an uninteresting child.

I'd say the mistake made was in rewriting her history once the story shifts to 1840.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »
I'd say the mistake made was in rewriting her history once the story shifts to 1840.
Good point, Midnite. Sounds logical to me. [ideag]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
I suspect someone has been messing around with history, via time travel.   I know it's a radical unheard-of theory....
Interesting theory, Magnus. [spoiler] Maybe Angelique went back in time to the 17th century to become Miranda DuVal? [ghost_huh][/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
"History is always being rewritten."-- Barnabas Collins, 1968

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »
Spoiler for 1840: [spoiler]There have been suggestions that Angelique was the reincarnation of Miranda.[/spoiler] That's the only theory that makes sense to me that doesn't screw up the history we were led to believe in here.

I don't blame Adam for wanting to kill Cassandra either. Here was a total stranger he never laid eyes on before wanting to do him in and he can't understand why. Only when Nicholas told him it was because she wanted to hurt Barnabas through him was Adam willing to let her go.

Cassandra, of course, still won't give up. She sees a last chance to do in Adam behind Nicholas' back and goes for it. She fails miserably. Then she goes to the Old House wanting to shoot Barnabas. She just doesn't learn, does she? Nicholas stopped her once, of course he's going to do it again.

Felt sorry for Roger. She was such a cold-hearted bitch to him in here, she finally showed her true colors. Like Adam, he can't understand why she did what she did to him. And he still won't, which is probably just as well.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 12:28:14 AM »
Roger needs to get some help from Stokes with an amulet that will protect him against
wifes that have supernatural powers.

Angelique was such a **tch. Fill in the word.  Angelique sure has the intention to kills
Barnabas, even though she is going to die, she tries to kill Barnabas with a gun. Doesn't
she think that Nicholas will stop her again.

Did they use the same appliances to make Angelique old as they did before?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate